Does radio mods work with TTW?

General modding guides and authoring tutorials.
Fireblitz113

Does radio mods work with TTW?

Post by Fireblitz113 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Asking for both games. The vanilla songs are great but listening to it for hours gets a bit boring.

SaintDane

Re: Does radio mods work with TTW?

Post by SaintDane » Sat May 16, 2020 5:45 pm

You can use Radio New Vegas Extended to add your own songs to the Radio New Vegas station, but I don't know a good way to get RNV to play in the Capital Wasteland.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:39 pm

My tuneable/shootable radio mod, Radio Gaga, makes it easy to add stations to radios and jukeboxes - you add the station reference to one form list, which is super easy in FNVEdit. Note that FO3 radio stations still require their esp to be converted to TTW. Also note that radios/jukeboxes only play stations that have a mono wav or ogg file for each track - only the Pipboy plays stations without them. Radio gaga has three form lists that you can add the station to: one for New Vegas, one for the Capitol Wasteland, and one for both (I called it the universal list).

Radio Gaga: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods ... escription

Keats

Post by Keats » Thu May 21, 2020 9:27 am

Conelrad at least seems to work in both wastelands. I would assume the same is true for other radio stations added to new vegas.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:47 am

Keats wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:27 am
Conelrad at least seems to work in both wastelands. I would assume the same is true for other radio stations added to new vegas.
It's more a case of TTW not knowing to turn it off/on when you move from one wasteland to the other. In TTW, unknown radio stations are always "universal" for that reason. It's part of why you HAVE to take the train from one wasteland to the other (or some way that has been set to act like the TTW train) - part of the scripting turns off the stations from one wasteland and turns on the stations in the other.