Installation problem

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Elsa

Installation problem

Post by Elsa » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 am

Good morning all,

I have read and followed the instructions for installing TTW (Tale of Two Wastelands). So I uninstall and reinstall Fallout 3 with update 1.7 Without any modification of the game. And launching the TTW installer, I had the following errors:

xd3_invalid_input /* invalid input/decoder error */

Then while clicking on ok, I had the following error:

error occurred processing file:.\anchorage.esm

So I installed Fallout 3 GOTY And I had the same error.

Could someone please help me?

PS: I am French and I don't speak English, I use google translation.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Installation problem

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:21 pm

This is covered in the FAQ in the Audio Encoding issues section.

Update drivers.

Also, non-english versions are not supported.

Elsa

Post by Elsa » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:35 am

Hello,

And thank you for your response. I played the game in English and the installation went well. I haven't had time to test how the program works yet.

I was able to start the game with TTW and it seemed to work perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Do you have advice on the choice of mods to install?

rweizer

Post by rweizer » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:07 pm

keep in mind i run a vanilla mildly enhanced copy of ttw but some of these topics may be of help to you:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6941
here is the recommended mods list, i personally use Vanilla UI+, MCM, UIO, Stewie's Tweaks, and although it is not in this list I use Better Saves instead of CASM

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6878
arguably more important is this mod incompatibility list, please read it like 2-3 times and make sure to follow it so one of the more venerable users around here don't have to spend a bunch of time explaining that certain mods don't work with TTW

Elsa

Post by Elsa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:38 am

Thank you so much.

I have a problem with modifying the fallout.ini file. On the TTW installation video, he explains that the lines must be changed:

SArchiveList=Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Meshes2.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

through,

SArchiveList=Fallout - Invalidation.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Meshes2.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

after the changes, I save everything and update MO (mod config) to have Fallout- invalidation.bsa activate. But it is enough that I relaunch MO or that I load the game so that thereafter that the bsa file is no longer active. And the changes to be made on Fallout.ini should be reinitialized.

Can you please help me with this problem?

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:16 pm

you don't edit Fallout.ini

you copy FalloutCustom.ini into MO2

Elsa

Post by Elsa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Thank you for your answer, but I think I will wait until you release TTW compatible with the French version of the games. Because I tested TTW without mode, I may know the games by heart, I find it hard to advance in the discussion.

In all thank you for your help, I appreciated the speed with which you answered as well as the clatter of your answers.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:15 pm

You'll be waiting forever I'm afraid, we have no plans to support any other languages.

Elsa

Post by Elsa » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:38 am

In this case I would have to take English lessons.

Fredel

Post by Fredel » Sat May 23, 2020 8:22 am

Hi,

I made French translation of TTW in .eet
for the following files :

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
ThePitt.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
YUPTTW.esm

Of course, after installing TTW with Fallout 3 in the US version, and Fallout New Vegas in the French version, you must use ESP-ESM Translator to apply them.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/921

Translation files can be found in the following forum (registration required)
https://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.f ... 3&start=60

I also applied some corrections.
For example, renaming and shortening (weapons, ammunition, armor, items, etc.), various corrections (NPCs, locations, etc.)

These fixes are extended to the French-language .esm of Fallout New Vegas.
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm

---------------------------------------

J'ai mis à disposition une traduction française sous forme de fichiers .eet. Il s'agit des traductions des fichiers en version US suivants :

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
ThePitt.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
YUPTTW.esm

Bien entendu, après avoir installé TTW avec Fallout 3 en version US, et Fallout NV en version francaise, il faut utiliser ESP-ESM Translator pour les appliquer.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/921

Les fichiers de traduction se trouvent dans le forum suivant (inscription obligatoire)
https://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.f ... 3&start=60

J'ai également appliqué certaines corrections de textes qui se trouvaient dans les patchs non officiels de la version française (PNOO).
Par exemple, renommages et racourcissement (armes, munitions, armures, items, etc), corrections diverses (PNJ, lieux, etc...)

Ces corrections se sont étendues sur les .esm en version française, de Fallout New Vegas.
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm

EDIT: Fixed the link. It was missing an "s" (in traducteurs), so the server couldn't be found. - Risewild