Too much information : please help

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Peter r.

Too much information : please help

Post by Peter r. » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:31 am

Hi everyone,

First some background. I played F3 around when it came out, but never had the DLC and never got the hang of it. I finished the main campaign with the help of some cheat, but didn't find out about the bobbleheads after it was too late. I bought NV, but again never really got to grips with it. It wasn't until I started 4 that something clicked an I started to really enjoy it. After 600 hours of fun I decided to revisit F3 and bought the GOTY edition on steam. Unfortunately it crashed on W10, which is when I found this mod. That was around June last year. But I got sidetracked and have just now restarted. Caught unawares that I now have DLC to contend with, I launched into the Alien Abduction mission way early. But I'm chootlin' along just fine. I did however notice I was not accruing game time on steam for F3, but the NV counter is running. I read up about found there are also no achievements. Which begs question : what am I missing from F3 when playing with TTW ? I have Googled a few hours away, but there's simply too much information, and I work for a living. So please help me on my merry way with some answers and/or directions.

Many thanks in advance, Pete
Last edited by Peter r. on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lyndi

Re: Too much information : please help

Post by Lyndi » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:31 pm

You don't get time for playing FO3 because you aren't playing FO3, you're playing a mod for FNV that adds the FO3 content into that game. You aren't going to be missing anything. There are no achievements for FO3 on Steam because Bethesda never made Steam achievements for FO3. The achievements were on Games for Windows Live which doesn't exist anymore.

Peter r.

Re: Too much information : please help

Post by Peter r. » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:20 am

Thanks very much Lyndi. Pete