Inessential Characters Mod?

General mod discussion and requests.
ClankerTGP

Inessential Characters Mod?

Post by ClankerTGP » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:59 am

Heya, I was looking around some mods for TTW since I wanted to give it a better experience obviously, however there's one thing I've always never liked about other fallout games such as 3 and that's the amount of essential characters, now obviously yes I understand there must be a few to keep a relatively solid story line, hell even base game New Vegas kinda has that to some extent.

However my issue is that I feel there are way too many essential characters for the game as a whole, some characters that should be allowed to die but aren't however just to keep a quest open for any one, characters like Amata for instance should be killable since their quest could just fail and allow said player not to experience it, how ever that's not the case, which is why I ask if there is a mod that reduces the amount of essential characters as well as fails the quest upon their death.

Risewild

Re: Inessential Characters Mod?

Post by Risewild » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:01 am

Not that I know about. I think there was an old one for Fallout 3, but it caused some problems. I think it somehow affected kids in some way, like they were still unkillable, but they would start behaving weirdly and could break Bryan Wilks quests.

I think killing some essential characters would also break the game, like the game would start having errors and stuff, not just errors with quests involving those characters, but errors in the entire game. :shock:

If no one made a mod to do that for TTW, you could try making it yourself. I assume all you have to do is load up GECK and remove the essential flag of all essential characters you want to make killable and save as a new plugin. It should be easier to use FNVEdit to do the same (just make sure you don't save the altered ESM, but make the changes in a new plugin).
Signature:

jlf65

Re: Inessential Characters Mod?

Post by jlf65 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Back when I ran Children of the Wasteland and Killable Children, Bryan wound up dead more than half the time, forcing me to reload from an earlier save and try again. Poor old Bryan seems to run into ants, raiders, or even super mutants while trying to get to you as you pass the Super Duper Mart. Combining killable children with creature spawn mods only makes the issue worse. :lol: