Request for TTW Patch/Version of Rat Trap Remastered

General mod discussion and requests.
Stalto

Request for TTW Patch/Version of Rat Trap Remastered

Post by Stalto » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:11 am

I have no idea how to mod without lighting my PC on fire, so yeah, I'm requesting a patch or TTW version of the mod below:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods ... escription

Huge thanks in advance.

jlf65

Re: Request for TTW Patch/Version of Rat Trap Remastered

Post by jlf65 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:58 pm

Last Active: 01 Nov 2010 9:12AM

Yeah, good luck getting permission on that one. :lol:

Risewild

Re: Request for TTW Patch/Version of Rat Trap Remastered

Post by Risewild » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:10 am

jlf65 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:58 pm
Last Active: 01 Nov 2010 9:12AM

Yeah, good luck getting permission on that one. :lol:
Not only that, but the mod uses assets from 3 other mods, and one of those mods uses assets from 3 other people, another uses assets from at least 4 other people. All of those people have been inactive for years... :?

Looking at what the mod does, I don't think a simple patch would work either. At first glance, the mod adds at least 1 custom follower, so that would have to be converted to FNV system (which is annoying as hell). It also adds custom background music, so it would have to be changed to how NV does ambient music (having put 10s of thousands audio markers over in TTW manually, I feel sorry for whoever has to do stuff like this :lol: ).

Also looking at the comments, it seems like that mod is quite buggy. People can't make the follower work properly and have to resort to a lot of console commands just to go by (and it seems like it doesn't work for some people even with the commands), quests not updating and stuck, crashes in the boss battle if the environmental music is turned on and so on.

So if anyone managed to get permission, it would have to do a lot of work to make it work in FNV/TTW and actually fix all the critical bugs in that mod :shock: . I don't think most people would be willing to put all of that work into this one.
Signature: