Old World Blues crash when talking to butler

General help and troubleshooting.
Steampunkgrl87

Old World Blues crash when talking to butler

Post by Steampunkgrl87 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:37 pm

I've read the FAQs for this problem, downloaded and edited the nvsr accordingly, and the problem persists! Along with just general random crashing that was supposed to have been fixed with patches and nvac.

I'm at my wits' end, please help!

jlf65

Re: Old World Blues crash when talking to butler

Post by jlf65 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:46 pm

If you read the faq, then you should know the drill: mods, hardware, OS, etc. It's hard to solve an issue when nothing is known about it.

Also, NVSR can cause Windows 10 people trouble. If you use Windows 10, you might try NVTF (tick fixer) instead. A crash at one specific point repeatedly is probably not that, but it's one less thing to worry about. This is more likely a mod conflict, or an actual bug.

Steampunkgrl87

Post by Steampunkgrl87 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:46 pm
If you read the faq, then you should know the drill: mods, hardware, OS, etc. It's hard to solve an issue when nothing is known about it.

Also, NVSR can cause Windows 10 people trouble. If you use Windows 10, you might try NVTF (tick fixer) instead. A crash at one specific point repeatedly is probably not that, but it's one less thing to worry about. This is more likely a mod conflict, or an actual bug.
I do use Win 10, sorry I forgot to include that. I'll try the tick fixer, though. Hopefully it isn't a bug because that might make the mod unplayable, right? Don't want that! :shock:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:51 pm

Okay, we know you have W10 and TTW. Any more info to share? Hint, hint... ;)

Steampunkgrl87

Post by Steampunkgrl87 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:31 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:51 pm
Okay, we know you have W10 and TTW. Any more info to share? Hint, hint... ;)
Asus gaming laptop, Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz processor, NVIDIA Geforce GTX graphics card (recently updated), 16GB RAM

In terms of processing speed, the game runs fine, it's just these bugs that are the issue.

Steampunkgrl87

Post by Steampunkgrl87 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 am

Went back to one of my other troubleshooting issues to check for another possible solution, someone suggested checking the console to make sure the 4GB patch works.

I went to the console and checked the jipln version and saw that mine was outdated (didn't match the suggested one, which was 55.1). I went and downloaded the latest jipln file, transferred it into the Steam/steamapps/common/Fallout New Vegas/data/plugins path and replaced the old file. I've loaded my last save which was just up until talking to the butler and gotten through that conversation smoothly.

It seems that all I had to do to fix this was keep the jipln file updated! Feels like an obvious fix. Thanks for the replies. :)