libvorbisfile.dll was not found

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Little Skatey

libvorbisfile.dll was not found

Post by Little Skatey » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:17 am

First time installing TTW and I ran into this error after following the installer video, "The code execution cannot proceed because libvorbisfile.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.".
What do I do?

Risewild

Re: libvorbisfile.dll was not found

Post by Risewild » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:28 am

The TTW installer installs the files automatically. If you get that error, it means that something stopped/prevented the installer from creating the necessary files. This is usually caused by over-aggressive security software (Antivirus, Firewalls, Anti-Malware, etc.).

To be sure that the installer can do it's work, you need to run it as Admin and make sure no antivirus/firewalls/etc are preventing the installer from placing the necessary files.
Signature:

Little Skatey

Post by Little Skatey » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:13 pm

Risewild wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:28 am
The TTW installer installs the files automatically. If you get that error, it means that something stopped/prevented the installer from creating the necessary files. This is usually caused by over-aggressive security software (Antivirus, Firewalls, Anti-Malware, etc.).

To be sure that the installer can do it's work, you need to run it as Admin and make sure no antivirus/firewalls/etc are preventing the installer from placing the necessary files.
Thanks for the reply!
I decided to wait out the 12 hours for the audio files to get fixed on my first install.
If I reinstall TTW the other, much faster way, will it overwrite the changes made by the first install?

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Little Skatey wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:13 pm
Thanks for the reply!
I decided to wait out the 12 hours for the audio files to get fixed on my first install.
If I reinstall TTW the other, much faster way, will it overwrite the changes made by the first install?
If I remember correctly, the installer will only generate/edit files that are needed. If a file already exists the installer should skip it.

So, it should be fine to run the installer again.
Signature:

Little Skatey

Post by Little Skatey » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:07 am

Risewild wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:38 pm
If I remember correctly, the installer will only generate/edit files that are needed. If a file already exists the installer should skip it.

So, it should be fine to run the installer again.
I ran the installer again and the game finally works!
However I ran into another problem, I can't get the game to run on windowed, or change the resolution.
I tried editing using the MO2 ini editor, didn't work.
I tried editing the My Games custom ini, didn't work.
Not really sure where to go from here.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:26 pm

Go into the profiles directory in MO2, go into the profile directory of the profile you're using (probably "default"), and add these lines (or like them) to falloutcustom.ini:

Code: Select all

[Display]
iSize W=1920
iSize H=1080
In fact, I add ALL my custom ini setting to that file as the changes made for TTW makes that file have priority.

And it's easier to edit this by hand outside MO2 than inside MO2. Notepad++ or Geany will get the job done right.

Little Skatey

Post by Little Skatey » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:32 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:26 pm
Go into the profiles directory in MO2, go into the profile directory of the profile you're using (probably "default"), and add these lines (or like them) to falloutcustom.ini:

Code: Select all

[Display]
iSize W=1920
iSize H=1080
In fact, I add ALL my custom ini setting to that file as the changes made for TTW makes that file have priority.

And it's easier to edit this by hand outside MO2 than inside MO2. Notepad++ or Geany will get the job done right.
Got it to work!
Everything is going smooth so far. Thanks again for the help!