Development oversight

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Post Reply
Killertruth186
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:04 am

Development oversight

Post by Killertruth186 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:30 am

So far, I had been enjoying Fallout New Vegas TTW. And there's Rivet City market entrance and stairway entrance is in the wrong place. Also the stairs is somehow too steep when looking directly forward.

Another place is Point Lookout Turtle Dove detention camp where the turrets are low to the ground. Also the leveled robots isn't there.

That is all that I had foud was off during my gameplay, I had loved the TTW so far. And they have it mostly right.

User avatar
Risewild
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 am

Re: Development oversight

Post by Risewild » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:01 am

The Rivet City is not an oversight, it is actually to correct Bethesda oversight :o .
The Fallout 3's Rivet City was misaligned, the interior didn't match with the exterior.. The exterior goes East-West and the interior goes North-South :shock: . Also the levels/floors didn't match the exterior, if I remember correctly. :P

Basically, TTW fixes this oversight by Bethesda :lol:

I thought we had already fixed the Detention Camp Turrets in the past, or maybe they were fixed in the next update. It's hard to keep these things in check when I have no time to be up-to-date on TTW development.
Signature:
Image

User avatar
jlf65
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: Development oversight

Post by jlf65 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:00 pm

Yeah, Rivet City is clearly to correct a major blunder in the game. I like it fine, although the stairs sometimes catch you up a little. It's not as big an issue as the magic realigning hall and floors from the original. :lol:

And the last time I went through Turtledove Camp, there were plenty of leveled robots. You probably ran into that long-standing Bethesda bug: many times, enemies don't spawn when you reach a site. You need to save, shut down to desktop, and restart the game. The enemies will spawn, so don't be right in the middle of where they spawn unless you want to have "fun". 8-) This particular bug is in every version of the engine I've tried, from Morrowind to Fallout 4 (haven't played Fallout 76, but I'd bet it's there, too).

Killertruth186
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:04 am

Re: Development oversight

Post by Killertruth186 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am

Ah, ok. I had thought those were just flaws. But, have any of you had experienced sudden performance loss after entering the disaster relief tents? It seems that it infected my saves. But I hope it was just my bad luck. Although I am still playing to see if it was just that simple case or it was something has actually gone wrong.

Killertruth186
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:04 am

Re: Development oversight

Post by Killertruth186 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:05 am

Risewild wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:01 am
The Rivet City is not an oversight, it is actually to correct Bethesda oversight :o .
The Fallout 3's Rivet City was misaligned, the interior didn't match with the exterior.. The exterior goes East-West and the interior goes North-South :shock: . Also the levels/floors didn't match the exterior, if I remember correctly. :P

Basically, TTW fixes this oversight by Bethesda :lol:

I thought we had already fixed the Detention Camp Turrets in the past, or maybe they were fixed in the next update. It's hard to keep these things in check when I have no time to be up-to-date on TTW development.
The first I had started was 3 updates. But with my post reply, I had encountered some sort of save corruption in Marcella's Disaster Relief tent (in Point Lookout Fallout 3). I do not know what caused it, but I think it was by simply interacting with the computer and reading the notes.

I hope that it was just bad luck on my end and not a widespread issue. And thanks to you and your team for making this mod. I hope that you and your team would fix with ease.

User avatar
jlf65
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: Development oversight

Post by jlf65 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Killertruth186 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am
Ah, ok. I had thought those were just flaws. But, have any of you had experienced sudden performance loss after entering the disaster relief tents? It seems that it infected my saves. But I hope it was just my bad luck. Although I am still playing to see if it was just that simple case or it was something has actually gone wrong.
I can't remember ever having a performance drop after entering those tents. I search them every time I go through there as I never remember where the loot is, but I can't remember any issues from doing so. Sometimes, I do randomly start to drop frame rate, but I've found the solution to that is save, shut down to desktop, and restart, and the performance is back to normal. Probably my computer running out of resources... I really need to get more ram. Only got 8GB. And isn't that a statement about computers... I've ONLY got a MEASLY 8GB of ram! :lol:

Killertruth186
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:04 am

Re: Development oversight

Post by Killertruth186 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 am

jlf65 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Killertruth186 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am
Ah, ok. I had thought those were just flaws. But, have any of you had experienced sudden performance loss after entering the disaster relief tents? It seems that it infected my saves. But I hope it was just my bad luck. Although I am still playing to see if it was just that simple case or it was something has actually gone wrong.
I can't remember ever having a performance drop after entering those tents. I search them every time I go through there as I never remember where the loot is, but I can't remember any issues from doing so. Sometimes, I do randomly start to drop frame rate, but I've found the solution to that is save, shut down to desktop, and restart, and the performance is back to normal. Probably my computer running out of resources... I really need to get more ram. Only got 8GB. And isn't that a statement about computers... I've ONLY got a MEASLY 8GB of ram! :lol:
I didn't know that the game can go more than 8GB of RAM. Even though it was only limited to 2GB and no greater than 4GB.

Lyndi
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Development oversight

Post by Lyndi » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Killertruth186 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 am
jlf65 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Killertruth186 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 am
Ah, ok. I had thought those were just flaws. But, have any of you had experienced sudden performance loss after entering the disaster relief tents? It seems that it infected my saves. But I hope it was just my bad luck. Although I am still playing to see if it was just that simple case or it was something has actually gone wrong.
I can't remember ever having a performance drop after entering those tents. I search them every time I go through there as I never remember where the loot is, but I can't remember any issues from doing so. Sometimes, I do randomly start to drop frame rate, but I've found the solution to that is save, shut down to desktop, and restart, and the performance is back to normal. Probably my computer running out of resources... I really need to get more ram. Only got 8GB. And isn't that a statement about computers... I've ONLY got a MEASLY 8GB of ram! :lol:
I didn't know that the game can go more than 8GB of RAM. Even though it was only limited to 2GB and no greater than 4GB.
It's not just the game but everything else you run in the background. My web browser windows use more ram than FNV does. I could go through and shut all the background programs and try to reduce ram usage or I could just dump more ram in the system. Dumping more ram in the system and then not caring about whats running is easier.

User avatar
jlf65
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: Development oversight

Post by jlf65 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Killertruth186 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 am
I didn't know that the game can go more than 8GB of RAM. Even though it was only limited to 2GB and no greater than 4GB.
With the LAA flag set by the installer, the game can go up to 3.75GB for itself, but if you don't have a lot of memory on your video card (3GB in my case), you can use ENB to use system ram to extend that to how much more ram you have. Graphics will be swapped in and out of the card as needed. It makes the game a little more jerky when you cross cells, but unless you are using an SSD, the game is jerky at those points anyway.

3GB is plenty of vram for the stock game, but I like using NMC, among other things, so ENB helps quite a bit. Note that I have graphical effects turned off. I'm only using ENB for the video memory handling.

Post Reply