HUD issues caused from crashing

General help and troubleshooting.
Post Reply
User avatar
Burnzie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:30 am

HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by Burnzie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:59 am

Hi. I've had a small issue where ever since my game crashed in New Vegas exiting the Follower's Fort there's been two issues that both occured
The first was the game lagging at 3FPS on both newly made and old saves which was fixed when I restarted.
But the next was a little more problematic and still lingers currently on every save even when newly created. The game's HUD is completely missing outside of the console dialogue, VATs and pop ups.

However in VATs something else entirely is off since I have the Fallout 3 condition bar instead of the one from New Vegas suddenly. (Pictured here)
Image

Also it seems scripting itself is bugged due to this as like this video below: such as Orris not firing instantly, enemies failing to attack, and corpses glitching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQIOdE87Npc

Here is my load order that I've used
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
FCOMaster.esm
Functional Post Game Ending.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
AWorldOfPainFO3.esm
enclavebunker.esm
Lings.esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
Courier's Radio.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Behaviours.esp
TTW Quick Start.esp
FCO - NPC Changes.esp
outsidebets.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
BennyReturns.esp
betsybrahmin.esp
DLCCompanions_1_3.esp
Functional Post Game Ending - Outside Bets Patch.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
Western Sky.esp
Goodsprings Filler.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
TOUHOU NV.esp
AK47.esp
RagingBull.esp
mk46jtucker40lite.esp
mk46jtucker40full.esp
Ww2K98.esp
DWDEagle44.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SkilllessLockpick.esp
pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
Brotherhood and House Alliance.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
MikotoBeauty.esp
Roberts_NewVegas.esp
FCO - Roberts Patch.esp
Lings-PlayableRaces.esp
A Better Cass.esp
LonesomeRoadScorchedSierraPowerHelmet.esp
Touhou.esp
Veronica Face Replacement.esp
GrimmsRadio.esp
MP5A4 and SWAT Gear.esp
KingOfTheRing.esp
MegaCityOneJudgeNV.esp
SaveCass.esp

Prior to this crash in the Follower's base the game worked perfectly fine with no hiccups at all, only to then have these issues making the game more or less unplayable.

User avatar
jlf65
Posts: 1101
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by jlf65 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:29 pm

You got a bunch of incompatible mods in there. Check the incompatible mod list. Also, look at this
mk46jtucker40lite.esp
mk46jtucker40full.esp
You've got the lite AND full version of the same mod enabled at the same time? And you expect that to work?

And you've got a pipboy mod. Those have always caused trouble. In conclusion, it's not surprising you're having problems. Your mod list needs a severe cleaning.

User avatar
Burnzie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:30 am

Re: HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by Burnzie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:29 pm
You got a bunch of incompatible mods in there. Check the incompatible mod list. Also, look at this
mk46jtucker40lite.esp
mk46jtucker40full.esp
You've got the lite AND full version of the same mod enabled at the same time? And you expect that to work?

And you've got a pipboy mod. Those have always caused trouble. In conclusion, it's not surprising you're having problems. Your mod list needs a severe cleaning.
I exported it with Nexus Mods originally and removed the =0/=1s from everything. Looking back, I had the lite .ESP disabled.
And with the Pipboy2500 mod, it's always worked normally for me on my past playthroughs from 2.9 to 3.2.2 without issues (even with Tranquility Lane)

This issue I've had seems unrelated to most of my mods it seems since even with the missing HUD, the PipBoy itself and terminals/dialogue, ect all display normally.

stevo392
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:08 am

Re: HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by stevo392 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:34 am

Also, wheres YUPTTW.esm?

User avatar
Burnzie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:30 am

Re: HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by Burnzie » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:05 pm

stevo392 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:34 am
Also, wheres YUPTTW.esm?
Ah. I lacked that after when I originally upgraded to 3.2.
I can confirm though it seems my issue is completely further than TTW alone. I've completely removed every single mod and uninstalled them and still recieve no HUD at all on a save fresh out of Doc Mitchell's house.
I'll try a complete FONV and TTW reinstall to see if they're fixed


Edit: It isn't. A complete reinstall of both Steam's New Vegas and TTW isn't even working then.
Here's the system specs since it's clear at this point it's further than the game itself Image

User avatar
jlf65
Posts: 1101
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by jlf65 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Burnzie wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 pm
I exported it with Nexus Mods originally and removed the =0/=1s from everything. Looking back, I had the lite .ESP disabled.
Ah, that makes more sense. Kinda hard to tell what the issue is, though, if we can't see what is or is not being used. :D You might want to make another list with just the mods in use.

Also, what mod manager are you using now specifically? If it's not Mod Organizer 2, I'd highly recommend moving to it. When you disable mods in MO2, they physically aren't part of the data that the game sees. If the mod manager in use still has the mod in the data folder, but merely turns it off in the txt file, it's still loaded by the game even though it isn't used, which can be a bad thing. MO2 gives you more control over the mods as well.

User avatar
Burnzie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:30 am

Re: HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by Burnzie » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:55 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:54 pm
Burnzie wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 pm
I exported it with Nexus Mods originally and removed the =0/=1s from everything. Looking back, I had the lite .ESP disabled.
Ah, that makes more sense. Kinda hard to tell what the issue is, though, if we can't see what is or is not being used. :D You might want to make another list with just the mods in use.

Also, what mod manager are you using now specifically? If it's not Mod Organizer 2, I'd highly recommend moving to it. When you disable mods in MO2, they physically aren't part of the data that the game sees. If the mod manager in use still has the mod in the data folder, but merely turns it off in the txt file, it's still loaded by the game even though it isn't used, which can be a bad thing. MO2 gives you more control over the mods as well.
Currently when I've tested the game's HUD issue this time, I've had only these .ESPs as the active ones on TTW 3.2.2 as well as went back and completely cleared all traces of old mods prior to a reinstall
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
YUPTTW.esm

I've used auto installs on Nexus Mod Manager in the past except where manual is neccessary. I'll make the switch to MO2

User avatar
RoyBatty
Posts: 6515
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 am
Location: Vault 108

Re: HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:57 pm

You need to manually delete the FNV folder, Steam doesn't remove any files it did not install. Once you do that, reinstall.
Image

User avatar
Burnzie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:30 am

Re: HUD issues caused from crashing

Post by Burnzie » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:53 am

Alright, I've completely deleted FO3 and NV again after this time making sure to also grab another TTW download incase, installing TTW up to 3.2 so far, the HUDs there.
Only small thing is that the new game load screen is the copyright screen of the NCR ranger and FO3 T45 split together, whereas when loading up the game I get a pink screen (also used to get one in Anchorage)

Remodded now and my HUDs still there. I'll make sure to keep an eye out incase this happens again on a crash. And thanks for making TTW, it has to be one of the best mods I've ever played.

Post Reply