Mod reworking/removing overlords?

General mod discussion and requests.
scaj

Mod reworking/removing overlords?

Post by scaj » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi ^^
Just about 2 weeks ago i installed TTW, and i love being able to play fallout 3 again, i tried various work arounds etc before, but nothing worked, and i haven't been able to play fallout 3 for the last 6 years minimum.

However, in my playthrough, i recently passed level 20, i think i'm level 24 now. and i no longer enjoy playing the game, and all because of overlords.
I've been having a great time playing on hard, i enjoy that enemies actually pose a threat unlike in fallout 4 where you are never in any danger no matter your level and/or difficulty, unless ofc an enemy spawns with a fatboy.
But overlords have removed all enjoyment for me, it's not that i cant beat them, it's just that doing so is 2 mins of spamming stimpacks and them being bullet sponges. It really has stopped me from playing, as super mutants are the most common enemy and every other fight is vs one of them.

Is there a TTW mod that reworks them? maybe just cutting their health in half, i don't mind them being beefier than masters, but having 4x the health is really overkill.

I know i could just lower the difficulty, or pick up the chinese stealth suit, but the thing is, that would ruin the difficulty against every other enemy in the game.

I'm sorry if it's taboo to complain about overlords, or makes me sound like a casual who can't take the heat. but i'm honestly pretty sad, since up until they started spawning, i was loving getting to play fallout 3 again.

RoyBatty

Re: Mod reworking/removing overlords?

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 am

Have you played New Vegas and gotten familiar with it's mechanics changes? It could be that you are not using the new mechanics that have been introduced, HP/AP ammunition, more and more powerful weapons and weapon mods, chems, perks, etc. The biggest thing is the AP rounds and perks like Shotgun Surgeon, Grunt, Laser Commander, Cowboy, Size Matters and Better Criticals to name a few. There are also very powerful energy weapons and Overcharge and Max Charge ammo for them too which does the same thing as the AP/HP rounds for ballistic weapons.

Check out the new chems, perks, ammos, and the ammo bench and crafting recipes for making various things to help you, they really make Albinos, Overlords and Reavers pretty trivial, even on very hard. I would also suggest seeing what the Outcasts have to trade.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:30 pm

scaj wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 pm
Hi ^^
Just about 2 weeks ago i installed TTW, and i love being able to play fallout 3 again, i tried various work arounds etc before, but nothing worked, and i haven't been able to play fallout 3 for the last 6 years minimum.

However, in my playthrough, i recently passed level 20, i think i'm level 24 now. and i no longer enjoy playing the game, and all because of overlords.
I've been having a great time playing on hard, i enjoy that enemies actually pose a threat unlike in fallout 4 where you are never in any danger no matter your level and/or difficulty, unless ofc an enemy spawns with a fatboy.
But overlords have removed all enjoyment for me, it's not that i cant beat them, it's just that doing so is 2 mins of spamming stimpacks and them being bullet sponges. It really has stopped me from playing, as super mutants are the most common enemy and every other fight is vs one of them.

Is there a TTW mod that reworks them? maybe just cutting their health in half, i don't mind them being beefier than masters, but having 4x the health is really overkill.

I know i could just lower the difficulty, or pick up the chinese stealth suit, but the thing is, that would ruin the difficulty against every other enemy in the game.

I'm sorry if it's taboo to complain about overlords, or makes me sound like a casual who can't take the heat. but i'm honestly pretty sad, since up until they started spawning, i was loving getting to play fallout 3 again.
You could also use mods like BLEED to make them feel less spongy but it makes it more difficult as you can easily get killed even in a full power armor. Manual aim their heads and don't go charging right in front of them since they usually have heavy weapons equipped. Right playstyle, build and ammo makes them easy. I'm currently using the Riot shotgun build and I have not met any enemies that are really a threat, well maybe those grenade tossing and missile launching a-hole :(

Ence

Post by Ence » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:47 pm

I recommend using Q-35 matter modulator.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:24 pm

There are lot of uniques and base weapons that will do the job.

Things I use are, Lincoln's Repeater, Backwater Rifle, A3-21's Plasma Rifle, Wazer Wifle, the LMG with AP rounds or the CAR with AP Rounds, Combat Shotgun with 4/0 Buck Magnum, Sniper Rifle (or any of the uniques) with AP rounds, Minigun or Eugene with AP Rounds, Ol Painless with .32+P , Paciencia, Q-35 Matter Modulator, Survivalists Rifle, etc etc. Many things can work for shooting, Melee is OP too with a tailored build.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:48 am

Deathclaw Gauntlets...
Signature: