NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
Scorpio626

NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by Scorpio626 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 am

Ive noticed this mod that claims to be a TTW patch for Fallout Character overhaul, but Ive read that old mods like this are not compatible. So, are ther ANY npc overhaul mods for both NV and FO3 npcs that work with TTW?

IAreBob

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by IAreBob » Fri May 17, 2019 5:00 am

For NV:
FNV Redesigned 2 might work. Roy stated he was fixing issues with it a while back, but that's an unspecified release window. I was using New Vegas Character Expansions before I decided to wipe the SSD (for reasons). Didn't actually make it to NV beforehand to find out if it actually worked.
Redesigned 3 will not work, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here.

For 3:
AFAIK, the only mod that overhauls NPCs in 3 is F3 Redesigned. You can convert it with the script, but there's going to be edits that Roy was fixing on his own time. You can either wait an unspecified amount of time for Roy to upload his fixed version, or just convert it and use the that at your own discretion.

TL;DR
All overhauls will more than likely need to be fixed before use.

-IAreBob

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm

LivewireCascade is working on TTW Redesigned.

Tyls

Post by Tyls » Sat May 25, 2019 8:14 pm

As far I can see TTW_Mojave DC Makeover and Qwinn's Refined FNV Redesigned 3 work well together.

Sessine

Post by Sessine » Sat May 25, 2019 11:58 pm

Do not use TTW_Mojave DC Makeover, and DO NOT use Qwinn's Refined FNV Redesigned 3.

It might not initially seem broken, but trust me, it is.

I'm LivewareCascade, I'm converting TTW Redesigned. It will take time but that's because I'm trying to make sure I do it right and don't mess up all of Roy's painstaking work. Do NOT use other NPC overhauls, they are out of date and might not have even worked correctly in the first place.

vokhunter3

Post by vokhunter3 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:46 pm

Hey, just to check, is redesigned and FCO entirely incompatible? For example, can I just use the races if not the NPC overhaul as long as I have the custom race ending patch installed? Thanks

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu May 30, 2019 4:12 pm

FCO is not and will never be compatible.

Tyls

Post by Tyls » Fri May 31, 2019 2:54 pm

But for the moment you could extract the ressource from FCO selecting the meshes and the textures you want to use to make a simple replacer esp-less...

Sessine

Post by Sessine » Fri May 31, 2019 7:11 pm

Tyls wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:54 pm
But for the moment you could extract the ressource from FCO selecting the meshes and the textures you want to use to make a simple replacer esp-less...
No. TTW does not just edit things within ESP records, it also edits and corrects mesh and texture data.

If the lead developer tells you it is not and will never be compatible, then it isn't and won't be, end of.

I continue to work on TTW redesigned, but progress is slow; its' a big mod with many edits to correct. I know it's disappointing to have things like FCO be incompatible, but that's just the way it is.

Tyls

Post by Tyls » Fri May 31, 2019 9:32 pm

Ok I just take the road to New California waiting your release for TTW Redesigned.