Save files no longer able to be read.

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
unknown_email

Save files no longer able to be read.

Post by unknown_email » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 pm

Hello. I'd like to first say that I've really enjoyed TTW a massive amount over the past four or so weeks and I really appreciate the time and energy put into the project by all those involved.

Currently I am experiencing an issue with the game where my save files are not being recognized by the game, when i press 'continue' i get a 'No Valid Save Game Found' error and when I try opening up saves from the 'Load' button I am returned with a message saying that 'No Saves Found'. This has happened to me previously so I have a script set up which backs up my saves. However when I tried to just copy over a save folder that I knew worked I got the same error.

Up until that point, the game was running Ok, albeit increasingly crashing as I clocked up the hours and I was presented with this conundrum when i had reached nipton, after finishing the Fallout 3 side of the mod.

Even so the game was running ok enough, when this morning to try to combat crashing I tried to use the Fake fullscreen exe and booted the game, to be met with this error. Previously when this happened it was because I had installed dynavision.
load orderShow
FalloutNV
DeadMoney
HonestHearts
LonesomeRoad
GunRunnersArsenal
Fallout3
Anchorage
ThePitt
BrokenSteel
PointLookout
Zeta
CaravanPack
ClassicPack
MercenaryPack
TribalPack
TaleOfTwoWastelands
YUPTTW
Weapons of the Wasteland (the TTW compatable version)
oHUD
OutcastTradingTerminal
Delay DLC -TTW
CASM with MCM
Anchorage+NV
DYNAVISION 3
LootMenu
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV
EVE FNV - ALL DLC
IMPACT (with the compatability patch)
The Mod Configuration Menu
Better Pickup Prompt
Strip Wall Billboards
TTW Realistic Wasteland Lighting
[Merged Patch]
Also installed are Collision Meshes FO3 and Precision Clutter fix (which I had installed together as a merged mod)

I am running this setup through Vortex.

Thank you very much in advance for any and all help.

RoyBatty

Re: Save files no longer able to be read.

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 am

For your saves I don't know, sounds like permission problems with windows.

As for crashes, get rid of the collision mods, known to cause that. Many of them are already fixed by TTW.

Peter Curtin

Re: Save files no longer able to be read.

Post by Peter Curtin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 am

As to the save files, be sure Vortex is looking for the Saves in the right place. I had that error twice a while back, and I believe it resulted from my inadvertently ticking the box to change whether local saves were allowed. (Don't recall which way now.) I changed back and the error disappeared.