TTW 2.9.4 and making a mod help

General modding guides and authoring tutorials.
BelGarion

TTW 2.9.4 and making a mod help

Post by BelGarion » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:20 am

Geeze. I haven't touched the GECK in forever so I am kinda flailing here. This is TTW 2.9.4, let's establish that before the flood of "That mod doesn't work with 3.2+" replies. Anyway... I wanted to add a VWM vending machine to Point Lookout to just outside of Madam Panada's. So I go into the GECK, I select File - Data and only check the VMW TTW.esp file, and load it after clearing the "No active data file" error, turn around and save right off and save the file as "VMW TTW Point Lookout.esp" so now I have an active file. I go into Cell View, pick DLC04PointLookout, Point Lookout Start in the left list, fumble a bit (and reread a shortcuts list) but manage to drag the screen over to Madam Panada's and orient it sort of ok. I go into the item list, click All, wait an eternity, type "VMW" , with a long wait after "V" , shorter after "M" and hardly any at all for "W". I scroll down the list and choose the VMWWeaponVendingMachine , which is an activator object, drag it over onto the cell view, move it over to the spot I chose, rotate it around, and when it's looking nice I "ctrl-s" and, for good measure, File -> Save. I exit out and go to check mark VMW TTW Point Lookout and notice that VMW TTW is *not* in the Master files list. I load it all back up in Geck and, sure as snot, that spot is empty. O.o Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Anyone knows ? Probably something stupidly simple.

IAreBob

Re: TTW 2.9.4 and making a mod help

Post by IAreBob » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:50 am

GECK will not save an ESP filetype as a master, it will remove it from its master list. It must be an ESM filetype (will probably need to be flagged as ESM in xEdit), then corrected to ESP (if you want/need the master file to be ESP) in xEdit.

-IAreBob

BelGarion

Post by BelGarion » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:29 am

*head desks* And it's not something fixable in the ini like the Multiple Master thing? Oy. Ok. I guess I'll do that then, I didn't want to mod the VWM TTW.esp , these 2.9.4 TTW mods are impossible to get a hold of, it's like pulling teeth from Medusa's jaw. >.<

Update: Alright, so, switching off the ESM tag in VMW TTW is mandatory, the game would freeze just as the main menu would load until I did it. But the new mod works. Thank you. :D Trying to think of other places for vending machines. The mod author did say it wasn't meant to be lore friendly. *hmm*

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:25 pm

If you use GECK Extender like recommended you can master ESP files.