TTW 3.2 + mod support

General mod discussion and requests.
BelGarion

TTW 3.2 + mod support

Post by BelGarion » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:49 pm

Presently I am running 2.9.4 of TTW, haven't updated, and after reading how many mods are broken after the update, I have to ask, is it worth updating to 3.2 + ? Will the mods that work in 2.9.4 be updated / patched to work in 3.2 +? As if you go over my mods
SpoilerShow

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
Fallout3.esm=1
Anchorage.esm=1
ThePitt.esm=1
BrokenSteel.esm=1
PointLookout.esm=1
Zeta.esm=1
taleoftwowastelands.esm=1
TTWFixes.esm=1
Primary Needs HUD.esm=1
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm=1
NVWillow.esp=1
SomeguySeries.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
WMVM.esm=1
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm=1
VMW.esp=1
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp=1
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp=1
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp=1
TTW_StartupMenu.esp=1
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp=1
TTWOptions.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
CASM with MCM.esp=1
NVDLC04 Allegiance w Duster.esp=1
REsNonLorePackNV.esp=1
REsLorePackNV.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp=1
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
Project Nevada - TTW.esp=1
WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1
FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - All DLC.esp=1
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp=1
NewVegasExtendedMapMarkers.esp=1
VMW TTW.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesII.esp=1
TheInheritance.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
WMX-POPMerged.esp=1
DLC Weapon Integration.esp=1
DeadMoneyFemaleTuxedo.esp=1
Easy Unlocking and Easy Hacking.esp=1
WVM - The Sink - OWB.esp=1
Mojave Scout Outfits.esp=1
gunrunners_in_the_capital_wasteland_1.1.esp=1
HalfwayHouse.esp=1
CAGE 1.9.3.2 XP TTW.esp=1
HZBagOfHolding.esp=1
Night Vision Sunglasses.esp=1
Faction Armor Converted to Non Faction.esp=1
dressup.esp=1
Lonesome Road Armor Tweaks.esp=1
LFox Sink Bug Fixes.esp=1
Cap Removed Rad Suit Increase 85 and 100.esp=1
BrighterPipboyLight+.esp=1
pipboy nightvision (300ms delay).esp=1
Cap Removed Rad Suit Increase 65 and 85.esp=1
Glove_be_gone.esp=1
updatedWearGlassesandMasks.esp=1
Starting Armor Tweaks.esp=1
bzArmour.esp=1
bzBodySuits.esp=1
Stealth Suit Mk II Edits.esp=1
BoostedSkills.esp=1
LootMenu.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance Uncapped Max Level.esp=1
ttw_-_eye_glasses_fix_0.esp=1
Penny_v13.esp=1
JessiCompanion.esp=1
TTW_Companions_Essential.esp=1
ttw_fo3_caravans_essential.esp=1
TTWVaultSuitHotfix.esp=1
LFox Bottle That Water - TTW Edition.esp=1
TTW Starting Armor Mods.esp=1
NoLockTopic_TTW.esp=1
FNVLODGen.esp=1
TTW Merge Patch Alpha.esp=1
TTW Realistic Wasteland Lighting.esp=1

First, I use PN fully, WMX is essential as it allows me to mod the unique weapons, there are a lot of ttw mods that work presently that I have no idea if they work in 3.2+ . I also use a mod that adds map markers to New Vegas itself so I dunno if that's encompasses the Freeside changes incompatibility. I wanted to install Eve but, well, with 2.9.4 I can, but not 3.2+. Oh and I use the combined NMC texture packs too. I do, occasionally, use COTW when I want something different and a unique challenge. New Vegas Bounties, I have that fully installed. I have a lot of 2.9 optional mods. I consider the Speech Craft one essential since it makes FO3 speech checks skill based the way it should have been from Bethesda. >.< So the question I have to ask, and I am just curious, no demands or anything. Is it worth to update to 3.2 + ever? Or should I pack up the 2.9.4 install files and stick to that version forever so I don't have to give up the important mods that don't work and never will work ever again? Again, just curious, looking to see what direction I should take, do I stick to the 2x branch and ignore anything newer or keep checking the 3x branch to see if things get patched / fixed / updated?

RoyBatty

Re: TTW 3.2 + mod support

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:25 pm

I'm unfamiliar with the companion mods.

I see very little in your load order that won't be updated eventually or won't ever be.

WMX won't be, too much work, I will make my own mod if I'm going to put in that kind of work, and I would like to add more weapon mod effects via NVSE plugin.

EVE will eventually get a new version 300% better than the original. WJS is tied up with the Frontier until it is released.

PN will never be patched as there is too much broken about it, there are newer better mods doing most of it now, and more in the works.

Speech Checks is subjective, many prefer the actual skill/chance where as others prefer the lockout system of NV. If and when this is ever updated is up to Retlaw.

Reps can't be done, the Enclave cannot be joined and we're not going to make up stuff to make that happen. However we will have the faction armor system done in a future update.

I suggest you backup everything, and then try 3.2 and make your own decision. Personally I can never go back, 2.9 is just far too broken and unstable.

BelGarion

Post by BelGarion » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:51 am

Well, I've not had too many problems with TTW 2.9.4. Kind of surprised to hear someone rebuilt PN or made a similar mod that is. WMX? Yeah, that would be a good mod to see, as Obsidian didn't add enough weapon mods and won't allow us to mod the unique ones so they quickly get replaced as other weapons out preform them. As for joining the Enclave. I've never joined them and only joined the Legion once just for completeness sake. If your referring to the mod that gives me unfactioned armor, I use that mostly because I like how the ranger armor looks. I really need to go hunt down a third party mod that adds their own armor. >.< So it's down to waiting for Eve to update, finding out what I use in PN and seeing if there is another mod that works with TTW 3.2+, and praying someone will do something like WMX that'll work with TTW 3.2+. Also waiting until the Someguy Series gets patched. I was reading that NV Bounties II is broken in 3.2+. Hmm... And what ever you was referring to by "Reps" . I'll do some poking and some more waiting.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Reps means the Reputations optional that existed in the previous version. It would make TTW have reputations for several Capital Wasteland factions.
Signature:

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:40 pm

I am finishing working on the weapons (and conversely Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod for vanilla NV), then I will begin working on my own weapon modding mod. I need the weapons bug free and fixed first, this goes for EVE too.

I disagree about modding uniques, they have stats you cannot see like crit damage and crit chance multipliers that far exceed the base damage of modded standard weapons and defeats the purpose of them being unique. At that point they just become another skin. Also being unique doesn't mean "most powerful", but that's my opinion and stuff is that way for balance, you can min/max without such mods.

There's no compiled overhaul mod that does what PN does, but there are individual mods that do what the things in PN does, and do it better and more efficiently.

BelGarion

Post by BelGarion » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Ah. I don't think I use that option. Mostly the Speech Check thing and exp slowdown mod. I also use the Outcast Trading, the Stash Pack menu option, and Startup Menu option. But I wouldn't join the Enclave.

Hmm. So, for PN, I use reduced XP, level 100 max, skill points above 100, perk every level, and the extra weapons. Also the HUD stuff when it comes to power armor. Though the HUD stuff for power armor is going to have to be TTW specific since there is power armor in both wastelands, just not as predominant in NV as 3. Really don't use the cybernetic stuff much. I know TTW has a reduced xp, so that should be ok. Though on my current run through I did level up twice, once when talking to Jessie at Bolder City I pinged level 10 and almost immediately leveled up to 11 when I told the Lieutenant to honor his agreement and let the Khans go. O.o I would consider that an exception. Playing two wastelands almost 100% I gain a lot of levels even with the xp reduction, so it's nice to have the level cap bumped up and the skill points allowed to go above 100, and with two games worth of perks, getting one per level is also really nice. So let's see...

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39906
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35562
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34707

So that leaves just the TTW PA HUD mod, if it exists, to let me use night vision when wearing PA. And the weapons. Well... Hmm. I do like high damage weapons, not so much DPS, damage. I've been in situations where a high armor enemy just plinks off lighter shots even if the weapon has a high DPS. Though even that isn't much help against the Ghoul Revers (sp?) and Albino Radscorpions. Even with high damage weapons it takes many clips of ammo to get them bullet sponges down. >.<

So... Next question is, do I restart my current run and remove PN and try these mods? As PN can't be removed in mid run, only before a new run is started. Hmm... Oh and still can't update to 3.2+, no WMX and no NVBII. I can do without Eve. But I don't want to give up my weapon mods, especially on uniques, and the added challenge of NVB.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:43 am

All of Someguy's mods are on my to do list as I have permission to release bug fixes for them. I'm slowly working my way to them.

The new XP reduction plugin is not a ramp like the old one, it is flat 50% reduction, you have to complete most of both games to reach level 50 now. We've been tossing around raising the cap to 60 (30 per game) but didn't make a decision yet.

We already have a perk-per level optional.

The startup menu and stash pack menus are integrated now.

There is expanded armor and weapon selections via optional. That includes NPCs and Creatures (SuperMutants).

There currently is no added weapons other than cut ones, however when Big Guns is worked on we need to create a lot of new weapons to fill the tiers/slots for the stuff thats moved to that skill. That's a looooong way out though (years) still and the weapons will be lore friendly Fallout 1/2/Tactics ones.

xqdcss has a nice expanded skill mod, check that one rather than the old things.

LordInsane

Post by LordInsane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:29 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:25 pm
Reps can't be done, the Enclave cannot be joined and we're not going to make up stuff to make that happen. However we will have the faction armor system done in a future update.
Uhm, I feel like an idiot, but I don't quite understand how the first part (that reputations can't be done) flows from the second (that the Enclave can't be joined). I get it might be too much work for the gain and so, so I definitely do not want to give the impression I'm requesting it, but while the main quest wouldn't have the reputation tie it has in New Vegas (since the Enclave can't be joined and you can't antagonise the Brotherhood until the end of Broken Steel), wouldn't it still work for some settlements, the Brotherhood Outcasts, maybe Pitt Raiders/Pitt Slaves in the Pitt?

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Not really, it's a nice idea but it doesn't work in the context of Fallout 3 very well.