A means to detect TTW with UI-xml ?

General modding guides and authoring tutorials.
Axonis

A means to detect TTW with UI-xml ?

Post by Axonis » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:51 pm

I'd like to apply some custom formatting for TTW's 14 skills at the levelup menus.

Can you provide a trait (eg. <_TTW>) that can be used to detect TTW from the UI-xml ? Preferably a global which is accessible everywhere or at the HUDMainMenu which is accessible almost everywhere.

pintocat

Re: A means to detect TTW with UI-xml ?

Post by pintocat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 pm

It's not really specific to TTW, but an option in JIP LN NVSE Plugin, and can be done without TTW; and without accompanying esp changes the ini setting is actually useless beyond just having the skill, since no weapons would use it.

Ultimately I think it'd be up to whatever mod implements it (TTW, or Miquick's) to insert via either UIO or InsertUIComponent maybe, but I'm not sure if it's really not possible to get the number of skills in the list by xml?

Axonis

Post by Axonis » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Big Guns is not inserted by 3rd party UI-xml, but through the engine, once JIP's option is enabled. By the time the UI is aware of the 14th skill through childcount, the list has been drawn and its too late to control the list items' padding. If I had a means to detect its presence before that, I could control the padding of the items to perfectly fit 14 skills as I do with 13.

I always thought that 14 skills had been made for TTW because its a core rules edit and can only be properly implemented in TTW's scale. However Miquick has done a great job too and I could also ask him to provide such a UI-xml trait.

pintocat

Post by pintocat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 am

My post was completely misunderstood -- I wish you'd just come to the discord to talk real time instead