Please help, can't get this thing to work even in Vanilla.

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
DeidreTheHumble

Please help, can't get this thing to work even in Vanilla.

Post by DeidreTheHumble » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:18 am

So, where to begin. :oops:

I'm going to try to keep a calm and cool collected thought process, and no one is the blame but myself for my failure to do this.
Starting from 8:00pm to 5:30am i'v been trying to get this to work, and only having frustration to show for it; so far after a lot of trouble shooting and looking up guides on how to install it, nothing has worked... Here's my steps, and here's my results.

1:I watched Gamer poet's video on how to install this, i followed everything to a T and didn't even complicate it by adding mods or installing it with a mod manager.

2:I try to start it up in Vanilla, no success.... after projection slides the game ceases to run, i even tried installing it another 4 times doing different things like: turning off cloud added items, like saves etc... deleting everything in documents and in steam common folder etc, nothing worked...

3:Saw in some forum on here the main Dev recommended Nvac, and it worked!!! but not really... It was able to boot up and start the game, but i watched the new vegas intro first, and then the fallout 3 one; only to be waking up in doc mitchell's house. (Which i heard online is bad, you're supposed to be birthed in vault 101.)

4:So..... i've spent all this time and staying up all night to get this to work, please tell me how i can get this to run efficiently.
Please...

(PS: This ain't my first rodeo, i'm a expert mod installer and very tech savy; so please don't insult my intelligence, please and thank you.)
(PPS: My computer's CPU is a cripple crying on the ground crawling.... I've beat it to death installing this over and over.)

DeidreTheHumble

Re: Please help, can't get this thing to work even in Vanilla.

Post by DeidreTheHumble » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:57 am

NVM
"run the default launcher, select data files, enable the plugins."
I saw this answer a few posts below mine.

RoyBatty

Re: Please help, can't get this thing to work even in Vanilla.

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Allrighty then. :)

We'll try to get some written instructions up.