Perk Mod Requests

General modding guides and authoring tutorials.
Boschpiper

Perk Mod Requests

Post by Boschpiper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Good day all.

I am currently working on a new perk mod for TTW / FNV, I've posted some early stuff in the mod releases forum already, but the current version has since been built from scratch. It is not available for release yet, and I can't promise a release date, but know I am working on it. I'm not one to release half finished, bug ridden projects.

This thread is for anyone who may have suggestions for the mod. I've received a few private messages already and thought it would be easier to concatenate all that here instead.

Any input will be appreciated

Regards,
Boschpiper
Last edited by Boschpiper on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I drink coffee and worry about things"

Boschpiper

Re: Perk Mod Requests

Post by Boschpiper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Current Progress:

New perks: 61
Fixed Vanilla Perks: 11
Last edited by Boschpiper on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:44 am, edited 18 times in total.

darkkira1332

Post by darkkira1332 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:50 am

nevermind, saw it in the mod release.

Boschpiper

Post by Boschpiper » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:54 pm

darkkira1332 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:50 am
nevermind, saw it in the mod release.
I'll post a list in a few days. Depending on the outcome, and testing feedback, I may release a beta version here then.

carreternal

Post by carreternal » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:54 pm

I remember seeing a perk in some other mod (That I don't believe has been converted) that made it so "ghosts" from Anchorage would show up after completing Operation Anchorage. With the number of other hallucinations and simulations in FO3, would it be possible to create a similar perk?

wasdwasd12

Post by wasdwasd12 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:07 pm

I hope they come soon i am restarting the game over because i couldnt update it to the 3.2 version and would like more compainons and perks for this >W> AND PN SUPPORT or more support for it lolololololol

MonkeyCucumber

Post by MonkeyCucumber » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:49 pm

As ever not a request. but since there are no requests in this thread yet figured I would get the ball rolling.let's give "the percolator" some inspiration.

There's plenty of books out there in TTW. A rough idea came to mind, most may recognize just what did.

## walking library (trait)
Time enough, at last, to gain all the knowledge of the old world with your very own library card and the finest Bemis trifocals.

## Ability/Effects
You can no longer distribute skills on level up. you can only gain skills from respective books in your inventory.
Every book you have in your inventory gives +2 respective skill.
Trifocal glasses +3 all skills on equip. glasses should degrade faster than default pair.
Trait stacks with Comprehension perk.- as one would expect. giving a total +3 per book.

## other notes
minor balance issues aside, this should make a refreshing play-through largely dependent on the books you do or do not find.

Boschpiper

Post by Boschpiper » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:18 am

Thanks for the suggestions, the mod is nearing initial release. Just a note:

The mod will not be out of the box compatible with Project Nevada. I've made a small patch that fixes it, but you'll need that extra ESP then.
This mod will work with the Perk Per Level optional, but I'd advise against it because certain traits and perks will change the perk rate and this will mess with their buffs/ nerfs