Cant instal 3.2.1; when I boot without the update on fresh install, npc voices are silent + getting red glitch textures

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Vic

Cant instal 3.2.1; when I boot without the update on fresh install, npc voices are silent + getting red glitch textures

Post by Vic » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:51 am

On a fresh install of TTW I make sure all files are in the correct folders and redirect the instance in MO2 to put the files in the right places as the updated youtube tutorial from GamerPoets instructs. Then when I go to instal 3.2.1 I get this error message
-> "archive "C:Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Fallout3 - Meshes.bsa" doesn't exist for location: TTW Fallout3 - Meshes.bsa <-

When I run the boot anyway I make sure the load order is correct and have no other mods installed in MO2. The game loads up with a sharp ringing noise and npc voices cannot be heard other than the baby (player) crying. Red glitch textures also appear and persist through the whole experience even after the birth scene. I played only up to right after that because when I saw the glitch textures in the tutorial I quit

Hosween

Re: Cant instal 3.2.1; when I boot without the update on fresh install, npc voices are silent + getting red glitch textu

Post by Hosween » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:38 pm

I am also getting the "Meshes.bsa doesn't exist for location: TTW Fallout3 - Meshes.bsa" error while trying to update to 3.2.1. I have double checked the ini settings in MO2 (FAQ Missing Mesh), and my game workes fine otherwise. Suggestions?

Risewild

Re: Cant instal 3.2.1; when I boot without the update on fresh install, npc voices are silent + getting red glitch textu

Post by Risewild » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:59 am

Make sure you have the right paths in the 3.2.1 installer.
In particular, the second path should point to where you have TTW installed:

If you're pointing the installer to the wrong folder, then it will not be able to find the correct files.

Also make sure your folders are not set to "Read Only"
Signature:

Hosween

Post by Hosween » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:56 am

So I did a clean install via the suggested MO2 route, and it appears MO2 is not installing the required FO3 bsa files in the game data folder (the rest looks fine). Do I need to add the bsa files manually from the initial TTW mod? Or am I just missing something? Thanks.

Update:
I have reinstalled TTW 3.2 with no issues now. But the Update Installer is giving me a "Could not find Tale of Two Wastelands files at the specified path" error. I have tried pointing it to both the FNV data folder, and the TTW 3.2 mod folder, but it still errors out on the install.