More Spawns

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
User avatar
nexusmodsforme
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 am
Location: Megaton
Contact:

Re: More Spawns

Post by nexusmodsforme » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:16 am

Thanks for the reply. I added it to an archive and then installed in through mod organizer 2.
"If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject." ~ Ayn Rand
Image

CDTalmas
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by CDTalmas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:01 am

I'm not certain if it was the "latest update" or not (3.2.2), but the game spawns multiple named NPCs, including during the birth scene. I had three Dr. Li's, two Dad's, and two Mom's. It also affected Officer Gomez, the Overseer, and Old Lady Palmer during the birthday party.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by FiftyTifty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 pm

CDTalmas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:01 am
I'm not certain if it was the "latest update" or not (3.2.2), but the game spawns multiple named NPCs, including during the birth scene. I had three Dr. Li's, two Dad's, and two Mom's. It also affected Officer Gomez, the Overseer, and Old Lady Palmer during the birthday party.
Did you generate the .esp file yourself, and edit the text file lists? The only NPCs that will be duplicated, are those present in the lists, and I made sure to only include the generic, respawning NPCs.

Look at the NPC records in the .esp file, and see if there are any duplicates present of those named NPCs. They are absolutely not present in the .esp file provided in the OP.

CDTalmas
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by CDTalmas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm

FiftyTifty wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 pm
CDTalmas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:01 am
I'm not certain if it was the "latest update" or not (3.2.2), but the game spawns multiple named NPCs, including during the birth scene. I had three Dr. Li's, two Dad's, and two Mom's. It also affected Officer Gomez, the Overseer, and Old Lady Palmer during the birthday party.
Did you generate the .esp file yourself, and edit the text file lists? The only NPCs that will be duplicated, are those present in the lists, and I made sure to only include the generic, respawning NPCs.

Look at the NPC records in the .esp file, and see if there are any duplicates present of those named NPCs. They are absolutely not present in the .esp file provided in the OP.
Not sure what happened, as I didn't change any variables, but the problem fixed itself. Wish I could be more descriptive, sorry.

[Edit]Actually, I believe what happened was that I selected everything from the game when running the script, including the crap packs. For some reason, it causes a glitch in the script and duplicates NPCs not on the list.[/Edit]

[Edit #2]Never mind. Even leaving the crap packs out of the script, it still spawns copies of Dad, Wally Mack, Lucy, etc.[/Edit]
Last edited by CDTalmas on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

intercepter101
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:25 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by intercepter101 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 pm

ok im sorry I have no Idea how i'm supposed to install this. Nothing I try seems to work, do I just put the esm's in the data folder and thats it? Sorry i'mjust not sure cause it won't work at the moment.

Solitude102
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by Solitude102 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:58 pm

I am having a tough time figuring out how to edit the spawns. I'm just trying to get every thing at x2 with the exception of ghouls at x3. Can anybody do your boy a favor and make an esp that provides that?

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by FiftyTifty » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:33 am

Look up how to install mods for any Bethesda game, it's the same process for all of them.

CDTalmas
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by CDTalmas » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 am

Unfortunately, I've run into the duplication bug again. Not sure what causes it. I do run your script after clearing out the Cell and Worldspace trees from your esp, making sure to include the proper index value. It still ends up producing Vault101d (Cell > Block 2 > Sub-block 5), which includes Dr. Li, Amata, Dad, Mom, etc.

I do use MO2. I select only the masters listed in the ESP file header. I've even tried loading up FNVEdit without the crap packs, but it has made no difference.

[Edit]And to clarify, for the purpose of "load order" it is literally nothing but NV + DLCs and F3 + DLCs, plus TTW and YUPTTW. And your ESP, of course.[/Edit]

[Edit #2]...and I think I found the issue. Looking at your script, you have the following line:

Code: Select all

if (tstrlistFeralGhouls.IndexOf(strSpawn) > -1) and (bDoFeralGhouls = true) > -1 then
	wbCopyElementToFile(e, fileMine, true, true);
Should it be instead...

Code: Select all

if (tstrlistFeralGhouls.IndexOf(strSpawn) > -1) and (bDoFeralGhouls = true) then
	wbCopyElementToFile(e, fileMine, true, true);
[/Edit #2]

catofriddles
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:57 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by catofriddles » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Are there any conflicts with the quest, "Those!"? I've been looking for a way to spawn fire ants after the quest; I really enjoy using fire ant nectar.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by FiftyTifty » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:09 am

CDTalmas wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 am
Unfortunately, I've run into the duplication bug again. Not sure what causes it. I do run your script after clearing out the Cell and Worldspace trees from your esp, making sure to include the proper index value. It still ends up producing Vault101d (Cell > Block 2 > Sub-block 5), which includes Dr. Li, Amata, Dad, Mom, etc.

I do use MO2. I select only the masters listed in the ESP file header. I've even tried loading up FNVEdit without the crap packs, but it has made no difference.

[Edit]And to clarify, for the purpose of "load order" it is literally nothing but NV + DLCs and F3 + DLCs, plus TTW and YUPTTW. And your ESP, of course.[/Edit]

[Edit #2]...and I think I found the issue. Looking at your script, you have the following line:

Code: Select all

if (tstrlistFeralGhouls.IndexOf(strSpawn) > -1) and (bDoFeralGhouls = true) > -1 then
	wbCopyElementToFile(e, fileMine, true, true);
Should it be instead...

Code: Select all

if (tstrlistFeralGhouls.IndexOf(strSpawn) > -1) and (bDoFeralGhouls = true) then
	wbCopyElementToFile(e, fileMine, true, true);
[/Edit #2]
That's a good catch, and a great example of why you shouldn't ctrl+c ctrl+v code. I'll update the OP in a jiffy.

Edit: There we go, updated the archive.

Post Reply