Delay DLC - TTW work with 3.2?

General mod discussion and requests.
morbidly_strong

Delay DLC - TTW work with 3.2?

Post by morbidly_strong » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Anyone know if Delay DLC - TTW (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42033) works with 3.2?

Mid installation so can't check in game. Thanks!

morbidly_strong

Re: Delay DLC - TTW work with 3.2?

Post by morbidly_strong » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Testing with it and it seems like it functions. Would like some confirmation tho

RogueDesigns

Post by RogueDesigns » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:06 pm

I can confirm it works so far. According to Nexus, the mod hasn't been updated since March 2014, but I remembered that it worked fine in TTW 2.9, so I gave it a try with 3.2. As far as I can tell (I'm not too far into my 3.2 playthrough), it still works. No annoying popups (neither when leaving Vault 101 nor when leaving Doc Mitchell's house when doing the NV start), and DLC quests seem to be starting as intended (at least, the Operation Anchorage quest just did, so I'm pretty optimistic the others will, too).

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:29 pm

It definitely needs an update.

RogueDesigns

Post by RogueDesigns » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:21 pm

Of course you were right, Roy... the outdated version screws up Operation Anchorage (you don't get any startup items after you entered the simulation). I suspected there's more trouble ahead, and there doesn't seem to be an update on the horizon (and the original author didn't respond), so I took a look at the mod myself.

Even though my modding skills got a bit rusty, I think I identified the (potential) issues, but I want to test my version thoroughly before I yell "Heureka".

As far as I could tell, there wasn't anything major - most differences between TTW scripts and those from the old mod had to do with AddFormToFormList stuff that TTW does with hard list edits now.

The Anchorage bug was due to the fact that the script lines that give the "simulated" items to the player were commented out in Delay DLC TTW.esp's version of DLC02OA1QuestScript...for whatever reason.

So far, I only tested Anchorage and The Pitt after making my edits/fixes, no more problems. Oh, and Point Lookout ("The Local Flavor") starts as intended by the mod, no trouble there. Still need to test Zeta and Broken Steel. Will do so today and tomorrow, and take a look at the FNV DLC after that.