Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
pharaon3

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by pharaon3 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:23 pm

About Gun Nut perk, description reports "With each rank of the Gun Nut perk, when using a gun, spread is reduced 10% and item condition is increased 10%."

Shouldn't be "With each rank of the Gun Nut perk, when using a gun, spread is reduced BY 10% and item condition is increased BY 10%."?

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:30 pm

pharaon3 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:23 pm
About Gun Nut perk, description reports "With each rank of the Gun Nut perk, when using a gun, spread is reduced 10% and item condition is increased 10%."

Shouldn't be "With each rank of the Gun Nut perk, when using a gun, spread is reduced BY 10% and item condition is increased BY 10%."?
Those mean the same things. The "by" is superfluous, and you need to keep strings short in the GUI... at least, you did for FO3. I don't know if FNV crashes when the string is too long like FO3 does. There's a mod for FO3 that abbreviates the effects names to try to keep the game from crashing when a thing has so many effects that the strings become too long, which was the place that was most likely to occur.

pharaon3

Post by pharaon3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:46 am

I didn't know string length limit was shorter in FO3 than in FNV, but JIP LN NVSE plugin should extends it, as reported in its description.

I didn't know the BY was superfluous either, but I'm not English native speaker.

Thank you for your explanation.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:57 pm

pharaon3 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:46 am
I didn't know string length limit was shorter in FO3 than in FNV, but JIP LN NVSE plugin should extends it, as reported in its description.

I didn't know the BY was superfluous either, but I'm not English native speaker.

Thank you for your explanation.
Oh, yeah, that's right. Too bad there's nothing like JIPLN for FO3 - that one feature would be really handy. I've got some FO3 mods where I recommend using that abbreviation mod with them to avoid crashes due to that little issue. So given JIPLN deals with that, I guess it's less an issue in FNV.

And yes, there's all sorts of things like that in English that take many years to learn if you don't stumble across them by accident. I still run across stuff after 50-some years, and I AM a native English speaker (American English, to be exact). Part of making edits to mods I use is sometimes editing the strings to be a little more fluent as the original author(s) weren't native speakers. Change a few words here and there, maybe tighten it up by removing superfluous language, and correct the punctuation. It's sometimes necessary even for mods from Americans as some mod authors aren't the most... highly educated. Yeah, that's a nice way to put it kindly. They make up for it with imagination and enthusiasm. :D

UgotJohn

Post by UgotJohn » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 am

Hi there I just started 3.2.2 clean install every thing was fine until I talked to one of the traders in the commonwealth all they said was what do you want? everyone of them. My pipboy disappeared when entering tranquillity lane. also I can not start in the Mohave I just stand in front of the Dr not sitting on the bed like I should.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:32 pm

UgotJohn wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 am
Hi there I just started 3.2.2 clean install every thing was fine until I talked to one of the traders in the commonwealth all they said was what do you want? everyone of them. My pipboy disappeared when entering tranquillity lane. also I can not start in the Mohave I just stand in front of the Dr not sitting on the bed like I should.
This thread is for TTW bugs. Please create another thread for your issue and include your load order.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 pm

What Lyndi said, this thread is for vanilla TTW bugs, mod bugs are your own problem.