TTW Interiors for 3.2.x - Updated 04/06/2019

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
Hacker?pcs

Re: TTW Interiors for 3.2.x - Updated 04/06/2019

Post by Hacker?pcs » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:07 am

Devastated City has issues, on the Waters of Life quest, the escaping scientists may be stuck here in the Taft Tunnel exit

and on the final Take it back! quest, at the same spot Liberty Prime may not move or take the opposite direction and try to cross the river instead of using the little bridge there, again being stuck in the water

Hacker?pcs

Post by Hacker?pcs » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:19 am

TTW_Interiors Followers Go Home v3.2 has an issue, the sending home/dismissal doesn't remove the companion perk, at least the new FO3 companions' perks TTW added and they stay active regardless where the companion is (Megaton/his base) or you

The Mediocre Mr Rook

Post by The Mediocre Mr Rook » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:06 pm

Does anyone here have any personal favorite areas for settling in as a player home? Other than Megaton, Rivet City, and Tenpenny Towers; I find the Megaton home kind of ugly, the Rivet City home excessive, and I'm unwilling to blow up Megaton for the Tenpenny home. Edit: Also, the Rivet City home is one of the only places in the game where my computer has issues running smoothly, and by far the worst.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 pm

You can get the Tenpenny suite by killing Roy Phillips, even if you already have the Megaton home. I commonly get both homes. Now, Interiors has an issue with decorating the two places - get a theme in Megaton often resulted in random junk in the Tenpenny suite for some odd reason.

Personally, I prefer custom homes in Fallout 3, and I'd love to see some ported to TTW3 at some point. Like the Water Tower home. Or the Mini Hideout in Springvale. Or the player home in Arefu.

The Mediocre Mr Rook

Post by The Mediocre Mr Rook » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 am

jlf65 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 pm
You can get the Tenpenny suite by killing Roy Phillips, even if you already have the Megaton home. I commonly get both homes. Now, Interiors has an issue with decorating the two places - get a theme in Megaton often resulted in random junk in the Tenpenny suite for some odd reason.

Personally, I prefer custom homes in Fallout 3, and I'd love to see some ported to TTW3 at some point. Like the Water Tower home. Or the Mini Hideout in Springvale. Or the player home in Arefu.
Good to know about alternative ways to get the Tenpenny suite, might go check it out. Even downloaded a mod to make that quest less stupid.

I also tend to prefer mod-added homes; I had kind of hoped between the Interiors Project, AWOP for FO3, and Another Interior Mod some location would have been added that would be suitable for a base.

Is there anything complicating the process for converting FO3 custom home mods? I know script heavy mods (like companions) can range from annoying to impossible to convert, but I didn't think most house mods were too complicated.

Also, unrelated note: what does the RobCo trophy synchronization switch do?

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:11 am

The switch is supposed to check and update your gnomes and stuff if they don't show up properly on the display shelves. Like if you put your gnomes on display at one home and they didn't show at a different home, you could use the switch to update the shelves. That was what it was for iirc.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:11 pm

The Mediocre Mr Rook wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 am
Good to know about alternative ways to get the Tenpenny suite, might go check it out. Even downloaded a mod to make that quest less stupid.

I also tend to prefer mod-added homes; I had kind of hoped between the Interiors Project, AWOP for FO3, and Another Interior Mod some location would have been added that would be suitable for a base.

Is there anything complicating the process for converting FO3 custom home mods? I know script heavy mods (like companions) can range from annoying to impossible to convert, but I didn't think most house mods were too complicated.
That's a nice mod. I mostly stick to a simple "Roy is Evil" mod so that I don't lose karma for killing him.

As to converting home mods, I think the issue is in differences in the navmesh between FO3 and FNV. It's been mentioned in threads here before, I just didn't pay much attention as I've not tried my hand at that sort of conversion... yet. I think (and I'm probably wrong about this, please check further on this) that you need to regenerate the navmeshes while making sure that the old navmeshes are overridden rather than deleted... something like that. I don't remember the conversation from the threads precisely. It would probably be better to ask about that on the TTW discord channel.

devianteist

Post by devianteist » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:23 pm

So the FPGE patch looks for an ESP, but Functional Post Game ending is an ESM. For whatever reason my FNVEdit is refusing to let me edit anything (I use MO2, so that might be a factor? The devs don't support it right?).

Anybody got any advice on how to fix this?

lizardking27

Post by lizardking27 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:31 am

So the FPGE patch looks for an ESP, but Functional Post Game ending is an ESM. For whatever reason my FNVEdit is refusing to let me edit anything (I use MO2, so that might be a factor? The devs don't support it right?).

Having the same issue. just gonna disable the FPGE patch for now and hope for the best.

Himself

Post by Himself » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:10 am

devianteist wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:23 pm
So the FPGE patch looks for an ESP

Grab the patch from nexus, that one seems to work (1.1 version while the one in this thread first message is 1.0)
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66449?tab=files

BTW somebody should edit that initial message and replace the link, to prevent this.
It is a cruel joke that man was born with more intent than life.