ENB and weapon scopes

General help and troubleshooting.
BelGarion

So, Roy, your saying I should

Post by BelGarion » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:15 am

So, Roy, your saying I should just UseENBoostWithoutGraphics=true and be done with it?

RoyBatty

If you're gonna use it, that

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 am

If you're gonna use it, that's what I would do. But there's no reason to unless you are using 4K retextures.

BelGarion

4k textures on a 970 4gb ?

Post by BelGarion » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:26 am

4k textures on a 970 4gb ? Yeah... Only if I want to melt the card. >.<

CVB_Taihou

Just ditched enb(enboost).

Post by CVB_Taihou » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:28 am

Just ditched enb(enboost). Started using reshade. The game looks really cool with it. No texture packs are needed. (does f4 pa replacer on somewhere count as a texture pack?) Downside is it makes the gpu a little warm (about 70c), so i turn on the gpu fan and goes around 50c.

BelGarion

Well, I am mostly trying to

Post by BelGarion » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 am

Well, I am mostly trying to get the game to recognize all of the video memory and reduce lag as much as humanly possible. I'm already running the Stutter Remover and the FNV4gb hacked exe but it still, occasionally, hiccups when I turn and it's not as smooth as it could be. I'm only running 89 plug ins counting the base ESMs.

Mystical Panda

If you get a chance, could

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:38 pm

If you get a chance, could you post your enblocal.ini and any configs you might be using with NVSE, NVAC and NVSR?

I remember seeing something like that (hitching when turning) during one of the mod outs I was testing; I think I had the reserved graphics memory (enblocal.ini), or the heap set too high (NVSR). I want to say the latter. That cause lag when either paging in and out, or allocating, de-allocating heap space on the fly (if the engine does that something like that). The larger the value the more noticeable the hitch.

The increase heap size really helped frame-rate wise when really stacking out the game with loads of scripts, but there seems to be a knifes-edge where it tips between 'not as efficient to it's over done and causing a problem elsewhere'.

I was using: NVAC, NVSE and NVSR along with the enb boost part, and all of those 'hook' something somewhere, so it's possible somewhere along the lines they're not 'playing nicely' with each other. I really didnt' take time to exhaustively test it and find out what might be causing that issue.

BelGarion

NVAC? I nuked that when I

Post by BelGarion » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:02 pm

NVAC? I nuked that when I went to Win 10, was reading it's broken and can cause more issues. But, let me see...

Mystical Panda

I think it was NVSR that wasn

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm

I think it was NVSR that wasn't playing nice with Windows 10; NVAC was updated (but you might want to double-check me on that).

The only differences I see between your configurations and mine (other than logging and logging levels is:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=450
scrapHeapSizeMB=128

and in the enblocals.ini:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=6144
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

I think I tried setting the reserved really high, and around 64mb; it was either that or the heap that was causing the lag when looking around. Another thing it might be is the memory usage, where the game is caching data in and out of memory which are more than likely controlled by these:

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true

other than LAA enabled in the executable and a few ini settings to free unused data when fast traveling, etc.,.

Mystical Panda

You might try setting just

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:47 pm

You might try setting just this one value when testing and see if it makes a difference:

Edit: check this thread towards the end of page #4 where I was running a memory monitoring utility and checking the results of different enb settings: https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-performance-guide?page=3

You can see the memory usage maps I posted.

RoyBatty

scrap heap is ignored, 400 is

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 pm

scrap heap is ignored, 400 is probably more stable than 450.

NVAC is fine, NVSR is a bit unstable under windows 10