Idea for point lookout

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
wasdwasd12

Idea for point lookout

Post by wasdwasd12 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Hello hello everybody I hope it's okay to post a few good suggestions and discussions for the next update cuz I think the next updates going to be the final update for Taylor to wasteland so I just thought I might kind of pick everybody's brain.

So I know that some leeway was made with the DLC and honestly I wanted to talk about point lookout does anyone feel that point lookout could maybe use a little bit more incentive to play.

I was wondering does anyone think it might be possible to add a script that might allow a recipe for the biogrenades to be made from the fruit that grows in point lookout

Also does anyone think that they would like even more content to be added to the DLCs.... I know with every new update a little bit of new content was kind of introduced into the game I was just wondering if even more new content was going to be introduced into the mod when next update comes

jlf65

Re: Idea for point lookout

Post by jlf65 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:22 pm

Adding content is not the purpose of TTW. That is for mods. TTW adds the base game/dlcs, and then balances things to make the gameplay right. Anything else is left to modders to add. And there are plenty of mods that add things to the DLCs, some of which have already been converted. Rather than ask to add things into TTW, you should be requesting conversions of mods that add things to the DLCs.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:17 am

There are one or two plo mods being converted for ttw.

There is a bunch mods for f3 plo vanilla. Though nothing about them getting converted.

Im playing them on pure f3 atm.

wasdwasd12

Post by wasdwasd12 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:36 am

jlf65 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:22 pm
Adding content is not the purpose of TTW. That is for mods. TTW adds the base game/dlcs, and then balances things to make the gameplay right. Anything else is left to modders to add. And there are plenty of mods that add things to the DLCs, some of which have already been converted. Rather than ask to add things into TTW, you should be requesting conversions of mods that add things to the DLCs.
I know but I also wanted to open the discussion I can't go to our group's discord so my only course of action is to have discussions about it here. If there is something new to the game you would like to see at it what do you think you would like to see add I generally am curious if you don't mind sharing

wasdwasd12

Post by wasdwasd12 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:39 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:17 am
There are one or two plo mods being converted for ttw.

There is a bunch mods for f3 plo vanilla. Though nothing about them getting converted.

Im playing them on pure f3 atm.
Okay can I get a list of your favorite fallout 3 mods to play with tale of two wasteland and what is a small list of favorite mods that you like playing with from the New Vegas Nexus site

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:32 pm

Right, there is an animation mod for unarmed stance that work with both pc and npc. Called unarmed rearmed mod. Very nice even if you dont play unarmed because enemies do use them. Dont know if there is equivalent in fnv mod. Its a replacer so should work easily.

There is better world map graphical mods so the cw get visualized much better in pipboy. Also work right off the bat.

Quest type, in the shadow of the swamp, fish hunter village, along with point look out reborn. All 3 are painful to convert, i heard.

Enemies type, there is a gary tribe in plo mod. Pretty good because this new faction fight everyone which make for more lively swamp. And if you dont like a pure gary look. Can click on them and sexchange command to change their entire class

There is also mods to introduce trogs swamp ghouls among ghoul spawn. Adding smugglers. These are important to increase variety.

Also a world of pain for fallout3 for fnv, and for dead.money. i dont bother with other big mods yet. These ones had ttw conversion so no need.

wasdwasd12

Post by wasdwasd12 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:11 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:32 pm
Right, there is an animation mod for unarmed stance that work with both pc and npc. Called unarmed rearmed mod. Very nice even if you dont play unarmed because enemies do use them. Dont know if there is equivalent in fnv mod. Its a replacer so should work easily.

There is better world map graphical mods so the cw get visualized much better in pipboy. Also work right off the bat.

Quest type, in the shadow of the swamp, fish hunter village, along with point look out reborn. All 3 are painful to convert, i heard.

Enemies type, there is a gary tribe in plo mod. Pretty good because this new faction fight everyone which make for more lively swamp. And if you dont like a pure gary look. Can click on them and sexchange command to change their entire class

There is also mods to introduce trogs swamp ghouls among ghoul spawn. Adding smugglers. These are important to increase variety.

Also a world of pain for fallout3 for fnv, and for dead.money. i dont bother with other big mods yet. These ones had ttw conversion so no need.
thank you for sharing hugs

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:15 pm

The ability to create gas grenades is a valid idea, I'll add it to our list for update 1.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:50 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:15 pm
The ability to create gas grenades is a valid idea, I'll add it to our list for update 1.
I will point out that radscorpion gland are just sitting there being useless. You can always use a recipe
Frag + radscorp gland + flamer fuel + tin can= gas grenade

wasdwasd12

Post by wasdwasd12 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:44 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:15 pm
Roy i know sometimes i get on your nerves but listen Roy fallout it is important to me this mod with others that you have made is amazing truly and if feel their is some...leeway to improve and add in much needed content ....i know i cant come to the discord sever but i had some really good ideas i think might be good.

Like i was thinking could you add a recipe to the safe after the quest *An Antique Land * that allows you to use parts and or maybe the punga fruit to craft the gas grenades.

I believe their should be a unique crafting recipes for every DLC like in the pitt, maybe we could add a recipes for slop from using trog meat or add it to most of the raiders since healing supplies are few.

i think their is already a recipe for the cryo mines and grenades so I am happy about that :3

but yea...are you still open to some fresh new ideas