More Spawns

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
Post Reply
User avatar
Laclongquan
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:20 am

I didnt notice any appearance of More Spawn in Zion and Sierra Madre despite two runs, each, over the course of 1 month.

Yet I notice more appearance of More Spawn, from robot to robo scorpion to Lobotomite in Big Empty nearly immediately.

What is that? Is there a special favor bestowed upon OWB I dont know about?

NOTE: this is like a glad exlaimation. Because there's too few mods to increase OWB hostility level. So More Spawn increase spawn number is a glad thing to have around Big Mountain. Example: Cuckoo Nest usually have max 3 lobs? With more spawn x3 they are increase to 5, give or take.

You can change Sierra Madre into action game area with mods. You can change Zion into a more combat zone by adding ghost people spawning there. But nothing about OWB~ With More Spawn it's slightly better than an usual walk in the park it once was.

User avatar
Laclongquan
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:54 am

I dont notice the increase of Marked Men, possibly because their increase make no noticeable threat.

I do notice the increase of Tunnelers, especially in the close confine of Municipal Sewers and Cave of Abaddon. to the point I check their ref id. Indeed, FyTy.

Thus More Spawn does work in Lonesome Road. It's just whether the increase is noticeable or not.

EDIT: like, the final battle against Marked Men in the Divide. There's more than 10 them appear and go in, two or three at a time. Gobi with AP ammo, milspec mag, police stories mag, mebbe ilfantoma just for the hell of it. Each take 1 or 2 rounds to go down. Some lucky get behind obstacles so more rounds to kill. But none get beyond 2 steps off the entry zone.

The key to increased threat is speed of melee fighters in close confine, not ranged shooters.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by FiftyTifty » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:36 pm

I'm working on an update which takes many more spawns into account. But it's a lot of work, rather than the rather trivial list I came up with originally. Sorting through 1.7k entries in a text file generated from an xEdit script, and weeding out the ones that should not be duplicated.

User avatar
Laclongquan
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by Laclongquan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:36 pm
I'm working on an update which takes many more spawns into account. But it's a lot of work, rather than the rather trivial list I came up with originally. Sorting through 1.7k entries in a text file generated from an xEdit script, and weeding out the ones that should not be duplicated.
INCIDENTALLY, I ask you: if we run both 2x and 3x Morespawn esp in the load order, it will increase spawn beyond the 3x number, right?

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by FiftyTifty » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:38 am

Of course. The new records aren't overrides.

Fleebusia
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:43 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by Fleebusia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Hey Fiftytifty,

Are there any plans to add level modifiers to the mod? Maybe in the form of an optional file for the more masochistic user?

I really liked the system in MMM that gave you X chance to face higher-level mobs. But I imagine that would be quite difficult to implement. I would promise to make a modest donation if you were to upload such a mod on Nexus. ;)

Fleebusia
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:43 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by Fleebusia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:45 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 am
FiftyTifty wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:36 pm
I'm working on an update which takes many more spawns into account. But it's a lot of work, rather than the rather trivial list I came up with originally. Sorting through 1.7k entries in a text file generated from an xEdit script, and weeding out the ones that should not be duplicated.
INCIDENTALLY, I ask you: if we run both 2x and 3x Morespawn esp in the load order, it will increase spawn beyond the 3x number, right?
You read my mind. :)

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:01 am

Fleebusia wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 pm
Hey Fiftytifty,

Are there any plans to add level modifiers to the mod? Maybe in the form of an optional file for the more masochistic user?

I really liked the system in MMM that gave you X chance to face higher-level mobs. But I imagine that would be quite difficult to implement. I would promise to make a modest donation if you were to upload such a mod on Nexus. ;)
Easy enough to do. I'll make it a toggle in the script.

No need for donations. Anyone who takes them is suspect. If you really want to give cash, give it to folk that really need it, such as a charity for a Native American reservation.

Fleebusia
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:43 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by Fleebusia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:26 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:01 am
Fleebusia wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 pm
Hey Fiftytifty,

Are there any plans to add level modifiers to the mod? Maybe in the form of an optional file for the more masochistic user?

I really liked the system in MMM that gave you X chance to face higher-level mobs. But I imagine that would be quite difficult to implement. I would promise to make a modest donation if you were to upload such a mod on Nexus. ;)
Easy enough to do. I'll make it a toggle in the script.

No need for donations. Anyone who takes them is suspect. If you really want to give cash, give it to folk that really need it, such as a charity for a Native American reservation.
Oh that's very kind of you. Forgive me as I am quite clueless as to the technical side of this modification, but in using the level modifier version would we still need to artificially augment our level and traverse the entire wasteland to sync spawn levels?

The gentlemen that recommended your mod said that it remembers/records your level at the point you first explore each spawn location, resulting in spawns not scaling properly or something to that effect.

I am/was using your 3x file, but the spawns were very weak and nearly all of them used the same loadout of a single shotgun. I stopped playing TTW because of this issue. Not anyone else's fault but my own for wanting a more hardcore experience like that of FWE/MMM.

TTW however plays really well in terms of engine integrity. It runs buttery smooth for me. But I was saddened that I was not met with any sort of challenge. I searched for days for mods to remedy that but apparently the TTW-MMM mod only works with older versions of TTW. I have since gone back to playing FO3.

Thanks again. I will try out TTW again with your alternate version should you go ahead with it.

User avatar
Laclongquan
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:26 am

No no. Only SOME cells in capital wasteland remember 1st visit. Thus we need to do some shenanigans to circumvent it. Mojave doesnt have that feature. Most of cw dont have that feature.

Seriously, that bug is weird and frankly not easy to tabulate. In crease level and cw cells will spawn better hostile

More spawn has nothing to do with it

Post Reply