Music skipping

General help and troubleshooting.
mrhighway323

Music skipping

Post by mrhighway323 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:15 am

Hello, I'm having an issue where all music in the game is constantly stuttering and skipping. Both the ambient music and radio music are doing it. The problem doesn't effect any sound effects or voice lines just specifically the music and is present from the moment the music starts on the main menu. I'm unsure if the problem is coming from TTW or from NV itself but its so distracting its making the game unplayable. I've tried enabling threaded audio and increasing the audio cache size in the INI but this hasn't helped at all. I have the most up to date version of the mod, vorbis, jip ln, and vorbis libraries. I've also reinstalled fffdshow as I've seen recommended in old reddit posts I've found but this seemed like a fix for ambient music specifically skipping while this isnt the case for me and also didn't help at all. I'm completely out of ideas and google is giving me nothing so any suggestion would be appreciated. Game is running perfectly otherwise with no crashes or notable bugs outside of this.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Music skipping

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:41 am

FFDSHOW interferes, make it ignore the game.

The most up to date vorbis libs do this, use the ones we included.

If you have Malwarebytes or Avast , make an exclusions for the game or disable them when playing, other AV's may be causing the problem.

mrhighway323

Post by mrhighway323 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:41 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:41 am
FFDSHOW interferes, make it ignore the game.

The most up to date vorbis libs do this, use the ones we included.

If you have Malwarebytes or Avast , make an exclusions for the game or disable them when playing, other AV's may be causing the problem.
Added both exceptions and even completely uninstalled FFDSHOW. Also did a fresh install of both the mod and NV itself to make sure I only have the included vorbis libs. Still happening. I did start the game once and the music didn't skip but I'm not sure what was different and the problem came back the next time I opened the game.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:11 am

Update your sound drivers.