[Recurring Bug] Game is freezing/crashing when some NPCs reach the end of their dialogues.

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
gojirafan123

[Recurring Bug] Game is freezing/crashing when some NPCs reach the end of their dialogues.

Post by gojirafan123 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:02 pm

Hey all, I tried searching for bugs like this through Google and the forum's own search but couldn't really find anything that matched my problem.

So, about two weeks ago I encountered a bug that caused my game to crash whenever I was speaking to the Tops Greeter. No matter what dialogue option I took (other than the one to fight) the game would freeze and crash when he got to the dialogue "So now that that's out of the way, what can I do to make your Tops experience the tops?" or whatever. It was the last thing he says before the dialogue options box comes back. Once this piece of dialogue started, the game would visually freeze but the audio would keep playing until it finished and then the game would close itself. I tried searching for causes and fixes, but couldn't find anything. So I decided to just not enter the tops and go do some other stuff for a while. Did sidequests, traveled between the Mojave and DC a couple of times. Eventually came back on a whim and suddenly everything is fine. I didn't bother any settings or files so I legitimately don't know what fixed it.

Now here I am today, trying to do the Battle of Hoover Dam for "No Gods or Masters". I'm on the first objective to plant the control chip and either blow up the Dam's Generators or reroute power to the Securitron army beneath Caesar's fort. And again, when Yes Man finishes his dialogue immediately after I make a choice, no matter which it is, the game freezes and crashes. I've tried leaving the building and coming back in, reloading my quicksaves, and reloading from the Sys save before it makes you decide whether to do the battle or finish your business.

I'll post my load order below if it helps:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
YUPTTW.esm

If anyone knows what might be causing this or what I can do to fix it manually I'd be supper appreciative.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: [Recurring Bug] Game is freezing/crashing when some NPCs reach the end of their dialogues.

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 am

NVSR does that, remove it and use NVTF instead.

gojirafan123

Re: [Recurring Bug] Game is freezing/crashing when some NPCs reach the end of their dialogues.

Post by gojirafan123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:27 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 am
NVSR does that, remove it and use NVTF instead.
I do not have NVSR, but I'll try installing NVTF and see if that does anything.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:06 am

Well if that's not it, I don't know, this particular bug has not been reported before. Might be a game setting that was changed.