Weird and Obscure TTW Glitch That Breaks the Game

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
keyboardbroke

Weird and Obscure TTW Glitch That Breaks the Game

Post by keyboardbroke » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:09 am

So, first off, I am using MO2 and I do have the 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 patches. What I discovered is that, whenever I uninstall ANY mod, Megaton completely loses all of it's meshes except for the houses and when I try to go into it, I arrive at some weird underwater location well down the cell and I already encountered this bug which I thought was caused by the NMC Installer Package which forced me to reinstall the game and TTW. The point is, even if I re-add the mod, Megaton is still broken (I did not test for other areas) and I don't understand why this is happening or how to fix it without reinstalling. Thanks.

jlf65

Re: Weird and Obscure TTW Glitch That Breaks the Game

Post by jlf65 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:53 am

Sounds like you lost the ini changes. If you use MO2 in profile specific mode, you need a copy of the changed ini files and the custom ini file in the profile you use in MO2. The changes, among other things, specifies the BSA files, which can make Megaton disappear as you describe if they are missing.

The FAQ has a section on the ini changes needed if you need to remake them by hand.

keyboardbroke

Post by keyboardbroke » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:19 pm

I did not mess with the ini files and I did follow the configuration procedures as outlined. I am not using a new profile to access the save game and the game as a whole is still corrupted even if I start a new one and coc to Megaton

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:48 am

If you aren't using profile specific mode, then you need to edit the FONV ini files in your My Games folder, as well as putting the custom ini file there as well. Be sure the archive list of BSAs has the TTW files or you will be missing Megaton.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:10 am

Uninstalling mods is known to cause memory corruption, that goes back to Fallout 3.