OWB: Sink central intelligence crashing

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
RoyBatty
Gary

Re: OWB: Sink central intelligence crashing

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Yes

GabeTheJerk

Post by GabeTheJerk » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:36 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:59 am
The bug is a code bug though, which was fixed in the code. It's not related to anything else, it simply cannot happen anymore. You are the only person still reporting this, so jip_nvse.dll must be getting over written somehow.
It can't happen anymore so much that I am getting it despite having JIPLN and yes the DLL is there. JIP is not the problem, it can just be TTW itself.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:23 am

GabeTheJerk wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:36 pm
RoyBatty wrote:
The bug is a code bug though, which was fixed in the code. It's not related to anything else, it simply cannot happen anymore. You are the only person still reporting this, so jip_nvse.dll must be getting over written somehow.
It can't happen anymore so much that I am getting it despite having JIPLN and yes the DLL is there. JIP is not the problem, it can just be TTW itself.
Or it can be a mod/plugin reverting or nullifying those changes. Even if you disable the mod, it might be baked in your save file already, so it will happen always if you load the save file. :shock:

If it was TTW itself, all the 100k+ users of TTW would have the problem too, and this thread would have thousands of pages of users asking for help, we would have tens of thousands of people reporting the problem and our Discord channel would be flooded by people with the same problem... :?
Signature:

Death_Reaper56

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:45 am

GabeTheJerk wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:36 pm
RoyBatty wrote:
If it was TTW,others would of complained about it.It's not TTW.It's something else.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Check if you have more than one copy of JIPLN. The TTW installer puts a copy in nvse in the TTW folder, but I've seen many people install JIPLN as another mod to override it with the newer copy. If you do that, load order could cause issues. Depending on how you handle future updates, you could also wind up with an older version having priority. Personally, I always update the version in the TTW folder nvse folder by hand. Only one version of JIPLN in my install.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:30 pm

If you use MO2 you need to install the updated jipnvse dll manually into data\nvse\plugins or it may not work. This issue has been reported to the MO2 team now, hopefully it gets fixed.

Trugru

Post by Trugru » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:58 am

Also having this issue, have manually updated the both jipln and installed NVAC to no avail. Plz update soon if possible. I know this game is old as hell but its a freakin beauty to play :?

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:53 pm

If you still have this issue you need to remove the jipnvse plugin in the data folder that TTW installed, MO2 is not overriding it.

oakdruiddude

Post by oakdruiddude » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:26 pm

I am also having this problem and listed solutions are not helping any assistance would be appreciated

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:33 pm

As already stated, install both updates to TTW and JIPNVSE, make sure the one installed by TTW itself is removed.