Manual Load Order Management: A guide for not using LOOT

General modding guides and authoring tutorials.
UsagiPyon

Re: A guide for not using LOOT

Post by UsagiPyon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:35 pm

Nope you're not long-winded. At least you explain where the hatred for LOOT comes from and not just because "xyz said so". Bethesda devs themselves can't even be trusted nowadays :lol: I don't know, as far as I see for this past year, more people are having issues with using MO2 more than with LOOT. Even "veteran" MO2 user were making mistakes with fomod installer. Just saying.

LOOT was never meant to be a end all cure all but neither was it made out to be something to be spat on just because of brain dead people. Of course this were all my opinions and I am just a little grasshopper. I should stop rambling, least the fanatics chase me down :D

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:47 pm

UsagiPyon wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:35 pm
I don't know, as far as I see for this past year, more people are having issues with using MO2 more than with LOOT. Even "veteran" MO2 user were making mistakes with fomod installer. Just saying.
You're seeing more people with issues with MO2 than LOOT because most people have gotten the message that LOOT is bad, and more folks are recommending people use MO2 rather than any other mod manager (myself included). So you have decreasing numbers of people using LOOT combined with a big upswell in newbies dipping their toes into the MO2 pool. 8-)

MO2 is powerful, but not completely intuitive. It's pretty good, but it's got a bit of a learning curve to it. So most of the issues you see with MO2 are people learning the ins and outs.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:27 am

jlf65 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:47 pm
UsagiPyon wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:35 pm
I don't know, as far as I see for this past year, more people are having issues with using MO2 more than with LOOT. Even "veteran" MO2 user were making mistakes with fomod installer. Just saying.
You're seeing more people with issues with MO2 than LOOT because most people have gotten the message that LOOT is bad, and more folks are recommending people use MO2 rather than any other mod manager (myself included). So you have decreasing numbers of people using LOOT combined with a big upswell in newbies dipping their toes into the MO2 pool. 8-)

MO2 is powerful, but not completely intuitive. It's pretty good, but it's got a bit of a learning curve to it. So most of the issues you see with MO2 are people learning the ins and outs.
uh huh. The advantages and learning curve of MO2 were already well known so there is no need to reintroduce it 8-) . If you think LOOT is bad then it is how it is. The trend of following like a sheep will never change in people. :lol: It is easy to follow any author's past work and see whether they have any credibility. Same goes for NVTF and NVSR.

Boschpiper

Post by Boschpiper » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Look, this guide was never meant to be a place to belittle people who use one thing or another. Admittedly, the way I worded the original message may have been antagonistic towards LOOT. I apologise; I'm bad with words.

But that doesn't mean we should mock people under the guise of humor, nor call them "sheeps" or "braindead".

Please. Let's keep it civil.
"I drink coffee and worry about things"

UsagiPyon

Re: Manual Load Order Management: A guide for not using LOOT

Post by UsagiPyon » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Umm, I believe I am being civilized as I did thank you for creating this guide for those who need it. I hope you are not playing the victim card just because you find sheeps and braindead offensive as there is no other way to sugar coat it :D

Lastly, refrain from sending me any PMs as I hate behind the stage dealings/stabbing.

Edit*
I shall stand down since the guide was changed to a friendlier tone. Nothing to see here except the guide.

Boschpiper

Post by Boschpiper » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:30 pm

The pm was me thanking you for the weather mod thing, as I hadn’t thought thought of that. A few days ago :D
As I said, I’m bad with words, and wanted to make sure it didn’t seem like I wasn’t being snarky. Nothing backhanded there.
Please don’t use my social anxiety as ammunition to decredit me. But, I will not bug you again.

Edit: I see your edit, and thank you for that. It’s probably best we don’t continue this here.
"I drink coffee and worry about things"

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 pm

I've never had LOOT give a proper load order once. It's just the same as BOSS, completely irrelevant for a load order that's beyond the base game and DLC .esm files.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:24 pm

FiftyTifty wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 pm
I've never had LOOT give a proper load order once. It's just the same as BOSS, completely irrelevant for a load order that's beyond the base game and DLC .esm files.
That's been my experience as well. Use it and spend the next ten minutes fixing the load order. :roll:

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:26 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
I see.
jlf65 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:24 pm
FiftyTifty wrote:
That's been my experience as well. Use it and spend the next ten minutes fixing the load order. :roll:
Ha, you just have to find opportunity to always self insert yourself in. Yes I do spend a few minutes editing my LO after using LOOT. Which I have already mentioned a few posts above. You still have to do it while following this guide too. Was there any point in repeating what others said? Snarky? Nope :lol:

The issue I have had with BoschPiper has already been resolved. If anyone are still offended by what I have said, they're welcome to band together and circle J :D

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:48 am

UsagiPyon wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:26 am
Ha, you just have to find opportunity to always self insert yourself in. Yes I do spend a few minutes editing my LO after using LOOT. Which I have already mentioned a few posts above. You still have to do it while following this guide too. Was there any point in repeating what others said? Snarky? Nope :lol:

The issue I have had with BoschPiper has already been resolved. If anyone are still offended by what I have said, they're welcome to band together and circle J :D
Then there's no point using LOOT in the first place, if you're un-fucking your load order. The whole point if it is that it takes care of it for you, which it completely fails to do. It's worthless.