A few suggestions for future TTW Releases

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Bloxyman

A few suggestions for future TTW Releases

Post by Bloxyman » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:57 pm

I have a few suggestions for future releases of TTW, maybe at least as an optional .ini or .esp:
- Talon Company Mercs wear Talon Combat Helmets. (I haven't seen any besides Jabsco wear one so far)
- Unique weapons are moddable. (At least the Fallout 3 uniques)
- Ranger Battle Armor & Helmet, Reinforced (Mark 2 included)
- Pimp-Boy 3 Billion Glove (The normal one has a glove, & there's even lore for the glove)
- The .44 Magnum Revolver without a scope uses the icon of Paulson's Revolver.
- The Stealth Suit Mk II has a stealth ability when crouched.
- Living Female Talon Company Mercs (The wiki says they do have voices, which are done by Shari Elliker)

Zhunter5000

Re: A few suggestions for future TTW Releases

Post by Zhunter5000 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:17 am

Those aren't bad suggestions. Would be cool if they were added, when development for 3.3 is continued. :shock:

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:53 pm

1). A mod can do that, affects balance.
2). Having unique weapons moddable makes them not unique and too OP. Also the models aren't finished for all uniques yet.
3). Possibly as a quest reward, 1 set. Have to see what darth thinks, would require custom skin.
4). Not sure what you mean?
5). Can do.

Bloxyman

Post by Bloxyman » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:28 pm

RoyBatty,

The Pip-boy 3000 has a glove to go with it, while the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion doesn't. It's always bugged me that it didn't have one. Also, which one did you say you could do? The Female Talon Company Mercs, or Paulson's Revolver Icon?

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:06 pm

The Icon.

The Stealth Suit from anchorage already is like the original.

Living Female Talon can be done with a mod as well.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:22 am

I could probably wipe out a mostly vanilla icon for the .44 scope-less magnum using both Paulson's and the .44 icons. So that Paulson's Revolver still has a somewhat different icon (because it's a unique weapon).

EDIT:
Ok, I worked something up.

I also noticed that the Paulson's Revolver icon had a mistake (the area between Vault Boy's left arm and his body wasn't solid), so I fixed that too:
Pics of the IconsShow
Paulson's Revolver Icon [OLD]:

Paulson's Revolver Icon [NEW]:

.44 Magnum Revolver [OLD]:

.44 Magnum Revolver [NEW]:
Signature:

Blue Son

Post by Blue Son » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:24 am

When are you guys going to make a vortex friendly version? The moment I stoped using NMM and started useing vortex I was unable to use even a jury rigged version.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:17 am

Blue Son wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:24 am
When are you guys going to make a vortex friendly version? The moment I stoped using NMM and started useing vortex I was unable to use even a jury rigged version.
That's out of our hands. If Vortex has problems with TTW, then it's on their end, not TTW. :shock:

Although, I was under the impression that several players play TTW using Vortex without problems. So TTW should be compatible with Vortex anyway. :?
Signature:

BodieInSD

Post by BodieInSD » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Maybe this is too difficult to implement, but how about Nuka-Cola or Sunset Sasparilla crates available for sale? The one thing that would need to be added to them is the ability to carry them. They could make great storage in vanilla (or mod added) homes that don't have many different storage containers.

Seems like too simple of an idea (I mean I came up with it...) to have a simple solution - or it would likely have been done long ago!

Bloxyman

Post by Bloxyman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:08 pm

The new icons look good! Can't wait for a release. (Whether as a standalone mod or part of the upcoming 3.2.3 update)