Personal opinion/Question

General Discussion of Fallout 3 unrelated to Tale of Two Wastelands
Zhunter5000
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 pm
Location: Megaton
Contact:

Personal opinion/Question

Post by Zhunter5000 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm

IDK about anyone else, but in !MY OPINION! I believe Fallout 3 was way better than Fallout New Vegas. Reasons?

#1: Nostalgic music/map

#2: Creative story/dialogue

#3: Also nostalgic movement physics.

My question is if anyone else feels the same way. These are just a few reasons, but their my most obvious. I still hope some day it's possible to merge the FO3 moving physics in, but I have to wait.

Royhr
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:33 am

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Royhr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:54 pm

I always liked FO3 more than FONV myself. I just like the DC area as well as the extensive subway maps. I love going underground and killing all the mutants I can find. I know a lot of people preferred FONV from a technical game play point of view especially the game engine and as far as that goes they are probably right. Though with TTW that is for the most part not as big an issue any more except for points 2 and 3 that you made. But all in all I just personally like FO3. Sometimes I find the FONV map a bit vast and empty myself and I've never really cared for the new Los Vegas city map itself. Though the area immediately around Los Vegas is ok for the most part. Also when I was playing FONV standalone I never ever completed the game and there were a couple of the DLCs that even though I did buy them I never played or completed them unlike FO3 where I played and completed everything.

Zhunter5000
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 pm
Location: Megaton
Contact:

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Zhunter5000 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Royhr wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:54 pm
I always liked FO3 more than FONV myself. I just like the DC area as well as the extensive subway maps. I love going underground and killing all the mutants I can find. I know a lot of people preferred FONV from a technical game play point of view especially the game engine and as far as that goes they are probably right. Though with TTW that is for the most part not as big an issue any more except for points 2 and 3 that you made. But all in all I just personally like FO3. Sometimes I find the FONV map a bit vast and empty myself and I've never really cared for the new Los Vegas city map itself. Though the area immediately around Los Vegas is ok for the most part. Also when I was playing FONV standalone I never ever completed the game and there were a couple of the DLCs that even though I did buy them I never played or completed them unlike FO3 where I played and completed everything.
Exactly my thoughts. I have all DLC for NV, but I'm yet to try OWB, or LR. Also while I like the addition of stuff like reloading stations, and workbenches, other then that I feel like NV didn't feel right. For some reason the voice actors for the NPC's didn't fit for Fallout in my opinion. I still would rather use TTW though, as I'd rather play just FO3 in NV, than raw FO3.

4891$$
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:36 am

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by 4891$$ » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:42 pm

Yeah I prefer Fallout 3 overwhelmingly more then New Vegas. Reasons for why I prefer Fallout 3

-I hate westerns and essentially New Vegas is a western with you being "the new sheriff in town"
-I don't care about the NCR and honestly I just tend to waste them because I think they are uninteresting and stupid.
-I don't care for the Fallout version of Howard Hughes which is what Mr House is so his character does nothing for me.
-The Legion would be alright if they had them be just like the Romans making their own armor and weapons but when instead have them scavenge football shoulder pads and other things from sporting goods stores just makes them silly. Seriously why not just have it where they made their own armor in the likeness of the Romans or medieval knights or something it would've prevented them from appearing goofy and would make sense for them to use real armor against tribals they are conquering. That part alone just killed them for me enjoying them because it just stupid writing from the game designers.
-I don't care for the main factions of the main game and so I really don't care about the main storyline.
-New Vegas itself was disappointing...that's it? Seriously?
-I don't like most of the characters in the main game.
-I could go on but I think I've made my point as to why in my opinion New Vegas wasn't as good as Fallout 3.


Now having said all that I really enjoyed the majority of New Vegas DLC. Old World Blues is the **** seriously that is the best DLC in TTW. Dead Money is good to and grows on you the more you play it. Lonesome Road I actually enjoyed quite a bit as well for it being different. Gun Runners is just a weapon DLC so I'd put it as the worst of the DLC and Honest Hearts honestly sucks to me with the whole cowboys and indians theme and the idiotic storyline having you hunt down walkie talkies.

Zhunter5000
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 pm
Location: Megaton
Contact:

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Zhunter5000 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:33 pm

4891$$ wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:42 pm
Yeah I prefer Fallout 3 overwhelmingly more then New Vegas. Reasons for why I prefer Fallout 3

-I hate westerns and essentially New Vegas is a western with you being "the new sheriff in town"
-I don't care about the NCR and honestly I just tend to waste them because I think they are uninteresting and stupid.
-I don't care for the Fallout version of Howard Hughes which is what Mr House is so his character does nothing for me.
-The Legion would be alright if they had them be just like the Romans making their own armor and weapons but when instead have them scavenge football shoulder pads and other things from sporting goods stores just makes them silly. Seriously why not just have it where they made their own armor in the likeness of the Romans or medieval knights or something it would've prevented them from appearing goofy and would make sense for them to use real armor against tribals they are conquering. That part alone just killed them for me enjoying them because it just stupid writing from the game designers.
-I don't care for the main factions of the main game and so I really don't care about the main storyline.
-New Vegas itself was disappointing...that's it? Seriously?
-I don't like most of the characters in the main game.
-I could go on but I think I've made my point as to why in my opinion New Vegas wasn't as good as Fallout 3.


Now having said all that I really enjoyed the majority of New Vegas DLC. Old World Blues is the **** seriously that is the best DLC in TTW. Dead Money is good to and grows on you the more you play it. Lonesome Road I actually enjoyed quite a bit as well for it being different. Gun Runners is just a weapon DLC so I'd put it as the worst of the DLC and Honest Hearts honestly sucks to me with the whole cowboys and indians theme and the idiotic storyline having you hunt down walkie talkies.
Agree, though we have to give props to obsidian for what they did in a years time.

Keats
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Keats » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Zhunter5000 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm
#2: Creative story/dialogue
Honestly, for me the story/setting is probably the worst part of Fallout 3, especially in the context of Fallout & Fallout 2. A whole lot of things just make no sense, like most of the fauna being the same despite being on the other side of the continent(and in a completely different climate to boot!). And wouldn't it be better for everyone if the GECK was used for its intended purpose instead of the water purifier?

Zhunter5000
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 pm
Location: Megaton
Contact:

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Zhunter5000 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm

Keats wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:07 pm
Zhunter5000 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm
#2: Creative story/dialogue
Honestly, for me the story/setting is probably the worst part of Fallout 3, especially in the context of Fallout & Fallout 2. A whole lot of things just make no sense, like most of the fauna being the same despite being on the other side of the continent(and in a completely different climate to boot!). And wouldn't it be better for everyone if the GECK was used for its intended purpose instead of the water purifier?
Agree to disagree. At least unlike NV, FO3 doesn't bring you to 10 different quests just to do the main one.

Keats
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Keats » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:14 pm

Zhunter5000 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm
Keats wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:07 pm
Zhunter5000 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm
#2: Creative story/dialogue
Honestly, for me the story/setting is probably the worst part of Fallout 3, especially in the context of Fallout & Fallout 2. A whole lot of things just make no sense, like most of the fauna being the same despite being on the other side of the continent(and in a completely different climate to boot!). And wouldn't it be better for everyone if the GECK was used for its intended purpose instead of the water purifier?
Agree to disagree. At least unlike NV, FO3 doesn't bring you to 10 different quests just to do the main one.
That's because FO3 main quest is totally linear and allows for basically no meaningful choices from the player's part.

Zhunter5000
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 pm
Location: Megaton
Contact:

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Zhunter5000 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:05 pm

The difference is NV overly redirects you.

Cyberman
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Cyberman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Sorry to bump

Fallout 3 was the first Fallout game I played, and I do enjoy it more than Fallout NV. I in fact prefer the setting and main story of Fallout 3 over New Vegas. I'm not saying New Vegas is bad, but Obsidion was rushed by Bethesda and it shows sometimes. I like how with FO3 there is so much stuff to do and so many places to explore without having to worry about the main quest or the major factions. I also prefer the Fallout 3 DLC over Fallout NV, even though they have no theme that binds them together. The only truly good story DLC for NV is Old World Blues. Honest Hearts is okay and Lonesome world is difficult to navigate through, and Dead Money is down right bad. The Fallout 3 DLC overall are pretty good. During my last playthrough of Point Lookout, I discovered a neat little side questline that has you going all over place and following the foot steps of a chinese spy.

Post Reply