Is it okay to use Project Nevada with 3.2

General mod discussion and requests.
1ercru

Is it okay to use Project Nevada with 3.2

Post by 1ercru » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:19 am

Just using PN Core and Rebalance , not cyber ware or additional options.

Risewild

Re: Is it okay to use Project Nevada with 3.2

Post by Risewild » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:24 am

I think Core should work. Not sure about Rebalance though.
Signature:

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:23 am

Rebal is a big no, that module breaks a bunch of stuff.

EyeDeck

Post by EyeDeck » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Core is okay, though there's a decent amount of FO3 content that PN isn't aware of by default. [Here] is a partial patch if you want it; so far all I've done is add visor and enhanced vision mode support for TTW PAs, fixed most items' missing tags if you use that system, and added all of the tech-y weapons to the digital scope zoom formlist.

I still need to do the grenade thing, fix the Anchorage Chinese Stealth Armor, and sort through all of the assorted non-PA goggles/masks/headgear etc and add those to the appropriate visor/vision lists too, but haven't gotten around to that yet. I'll probably finish all that tonight.

Edit: Done, I might have missed a few things, but that should (hopefully) comprehensively cover everything in the PN Core module:
  • All TTW headgear has been added to visual overlay/enhanced vision formlists as (I think is) appropriate
  • TOX/H2O/CASE/PART tags have been added to TTW items as appropriate
  • TTW explosives have been PN's formlists as appropriate (though this may not have been necessary since PN probably auto-detected everything properly anyway)
  • Most energy weapons have been added to PN's digital scope zoom formlist
I should probably throw this up on the 3.x mod releases forum, but I really don't want to have to bother making patches for all of PN's other modules since I have no intention of using them, and it seems half-assed to only put up a partial patch for a mod. Hmm...
Last edited by EyeDeck on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1ercru

Post by 1ercru » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:50 am

Thanks for this. It’s not half assed at all. I think a fair number of people use PN just for core.

Bottletopman

Post by Bottletopman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:56 am

EyeDeck wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:13 pm
-snip-
Does this also give the cryo grenade its own hotkey icon? I had to edit the grenade hotkey scripts for my copy of PN to use the existing cryo grenade icon that came with PN's files. Unfortunately they don't have an icon for the cryo mine. I tried making my own cryo mine icon for PN but I gave up because it never turned out the way I wanted it to look.
tp for my bunghole?

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:07 am

An important thing to fix in PN's knockdown handling is that the script needs to check the actors if they have certain flags and ignore them. No Knockdowns and Not Pushable flags are the important ones on their base forms to check. If either or both of those flags are enabled in their forms then the knockdown script needs to IGNORE those actors or it breaks their AI permanently. This includes turrets, Legate Lanius, and LIBERTY PRIME.

PN (and FWE) are what are responsible for breaking Liberty Prime and making him stop, and/or walk of the bridge and act stupid.

EyeDeck

Post by EyeDeck » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:47 pm

That's easy enough to fix:

Code: Select all

; ensure actor is push/knockdown-able
				if eval tackleTarget.GetActorBaseFlagsHigh & 3072 != 0
					set playerTackleCheck to -100000
				endif
I didn't do the grenade icon thing because I didn't realize that PN already had a cryo grenade icon, and I didn't want to deal with it at the time.

Anyway, [Here]'s v1.1:
  • Fixed the FormList merger script running too often (accidentally used "if GetGameRestarted == 0" instead of the intended "if GetGameRestarted == 1" like a moron); this likely caused a performance drop since a pretty lengthy script was getting executed once every second
  • Applied PN's existing grenade textures for almost all TTW explosives
  • Made a cryo mine icon from scratch—I think I actually did a pretty good job at this, surprisingly
  • Tweaked PN's sprint tackle script with the lines above to hopefully prevent it from breaking things—I have not tested this change at all, so if someone wants to let me know if it even works I'd appreciate it. Also, this isn't strictly compatible with "Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm", since that also overrides the same script, but I'll deal with that later.
As usual it's, uh, lightly tested to put it euphemistically, so let me know if you find something wrong.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Probably should ditch the formlist edit script and make it hard coded lists.

It's not just the tackling either, there's explosion knockdowns that need the same check.

EyeDeck

Post by EyeDeck » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 am

It would have been substantially more effort to organize direct formlist edits for ~40 items when many of them need to be added to to 5-7 different formlists to register all of the various visor effects; a(n uncompiled) script is a plaintext list, so it's much easier to keep track of what's going on. I wasn't originally planning on releasing the patch anyway, but someone asked so I posted it.

The explosion knockdown thing is from PN's rebalance module, which I'm not using, so haven't bothered making a patch for.