Fixing TTW mods in Blender

General help and troubleshooting.
Retlam

Fixing TTW mods in Blender

Post by Retlam » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm relatively inexperienced in modding and I don't have a technical background so bear with me. So, I started working on SenterPat's Immersive Gear mod, specifically converting the armors to Breeze bodies. I haven't had any problems, except recently, I've been having issues with one nif in particular. It's a raider mesh with a lot of parts to it. Every time I try to export it, Blender gives me a warning that some vertices are unweighted OR some vertices of a mesh are not assigned to a particular body. 

Using this tutorial: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Fallout._Part_1#Importing_into_Blender_all_parts_of_the_body I've been copying bone weight to each mesh relative to the body. This generally fixes the error message saying that "vertices are unweighted" but the export error that certain vertices are not assigned to a particular body persists. I've tried assigning those individual vertices to the body mesh (2nd step) and combining the loose body meshes together (ctrl+J), and sometimes this helps. Also, when I'm able to "successfully" export the nif, always the legs and sometimes the arms appear unweighted in the game (i.e. the armor doesn't move with the body).

It's usually random which vertices cause problems on any given export but as of now I have a nif that moves from the torso and up.

I've been using this guide http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_armor_mashups_for_fallout without a hitch, except for this nif. Using Blender Portable by Room207 (2.49) off Nexus. The skeleton I'm using is the base game skeleton nif. I'll also attach the error messages and export info below. Also, the problematic nif is located here: "meshes/armor/RaiderCombatArmor14/outfitm.nif" and I haven't had any other issues with raider nifs so far. Please let me know if I'm missing anything relevant or if this is even the most appropriate place to post (this forum seems the most active and helpful).  

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Retlam

Actually, nevermind...

Post by Retlam » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Actually, nevermind...

Answer was found in one of the FAQs of the tutorials.