Issue with Pip-Boy 2500 Handheld Edition

General help and troubleshooting.
Matchu2100

Issue with Pip-Boy 2500 Handheld Edition

Post by Matchu2100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am

So I was playing TTW, and I get to the Tranquility Lane part. Everything works fine until I exit the pod. I'm using 'A Familiar Friend' (Pip-Boy 2500 mod). It's usually in my hand, and the glove is off. But now, the glove is back, and I have the Pip-Boy back on my arm. That's not the big problem. The big problem, is that I can't access my Pip-Boy now. When I hit tab all that happens is my light turns on, nothing else. If anyone has had this problem, or knows how to fix it, please help!

"War...war never changes"

Risewild

To avoid this problems is why

Post by Risewild » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:58 am

To avoid this problems is why we have a FAQ that contains a section about which mods are not compatible with TTW:

• You can use the mod A Familiar Friend, which is functionally similar to the Readius mod but you have to uninstall it  (follow the instructions) prior to entering the simulation chambers, and then reinstall later.

• IMPORTANT: Do not install A Familiar Friend UNTIL AFTER VAULT 101.  Because the game gives you your first pip-boy at age 10 during the tutorial/character generation sequence, you need to wait until after that is over to install AFF.

• IMPORTANT: If you use A Familiar Friend,  YOU MUST UNINSTALL IT before you start Tranquility Lane or Operation Anchorage, and then re-install it after you exit the simulation chamber.  Otherwise your Pip-Boy will not work properly when you exit those parts of the game.

Since you didn't uninstall it before entering the simulation. I don't think I can help you. My best advice is to load a save game before entering Tranquility Lane and uninstall the mod like the FAQ says and then once you're done with TL install it again. You will have to repeat this for Operation Anchorage too.

I never used hand-held Pipboy replacers so I have no idea how they assign it to the player and how they get rid of the vanilla one, so I really can't offer any more help. sad

Matchu2100

I fixed it. Luckily you can

Post by Matchu2100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 am

I fixed it. Luckily you can uninstall it within Tranquility Lane.

"War...war never changes"