Fellout 2.0 Coversion - Blackout at Noon

General help and troubleshooting.
orik

Fellout 2.0 Coversion - Blackout at Noon

Post by orik » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:50 pm

I've converted Fellout but am getting blackouts at noon, any suggestions?

I'll hack away at it when I get home but I had read that other users encountered it so I thought I'd ask

delta534

I think it is an issue with

Post by delta534 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:28 pm

I think it is an issue with FO3 weather info not matching up one to one with FNV weather. Let me convert it and try to see if I can create a script to fix it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JaxFirehart

I created a script, its

Post by JaxFirehart » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 pm

I created a script, its attached. Unfortunately, FNVEdit doesn't seem to read ALL the weather info appropriately. You will still have to go through and manually fix it in the GECK. Specifically set the type to "Cloud Layer" and cycle through the textures. If the text box above "Edit" shows as anything EXCEPT "Sky\Alpha.dds" then you need to copy/paste the day/night values into noon/midnight. Also make sure that the day/night Imagespace Modifier is the same as the noon/midnight one.

With the script, open your already converted mod, click on the Weather section, run the script and then Save and Close FNVEdit. The script makes a copy of the weather and then removes the original in order to rebuild the weather record. Removing a record can cause issues in FNVEdit, so like I said, apply the script, save and close, then do the rest in the GECK.

Note: Download the attached .txt file and change its extension to .pas and put it in your FNVEdit Edit Scripts folder.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

orik

Sorry for such a late reply;

Post by orik » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:34 am

Sorry for such a late reply; I got carried away with some new hardware! I'm going to continue to work on the fellout mod for TTW tonight ^.^

rbroab

Similar things happen with

Post by rbroab » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 am

Similar things happen with similar weather mods. One of them being Nevada Skies. There is a way to fix it using FNVEdit if you haven't yet. But Jax uploaded a fix so I don't know why you would need to.

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

orik

I'm hoping to package a

Post by orik » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:59 am

I'm hoping to package a single "TTW- Fellout" mod that will encompass all of Capital Wasteland, Mojave wasteland, and surrounding areas.

orik

I got rid of the black skies,

Post by orik » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:19 am

I got rid of the black skies, however I now have black clouds.

I fixed all the imgspace's but I cant seem to figure out what to do now.

[collapsed title=FNVEdit]

[/collapsed]

Hrm :S

JaxFirehart

I already explained how a

Post by JaxFirehart » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 am

I already explained how a couple posts back. The clouds HAVE to be fixed in the GECK.

orik

oh okay; sorry >.< I fixed

Post by orik » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:53 am

oh okay; sorry >.< I fixed all the image space stuff in the GECK and just was unsure what to do next :P

JaxFirehart

All good. Each cloud layer

Post by JaxFirehart » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:15 am

All good. Each cloud layer has its own color values for each time of day, and FNVEdit never learned how to read that data (or I never found where it is).