ENB and weapon scopes

General help and troubleshooting.
BelGarion

ENB and weapon scopes

Post by BelGarion » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:53 am

Hello! As of recently I've noticed that if I zoom into a scope it starts off clear but quickly fills in with white and I can't see through the scope. If I hit Ctrl+F12 it disables the ENB and that fixes the issue. How do I fix the ENB so it doesn't break the view through the scope?

BelGarion

Update: Just ran through this

Post by BelGarion » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Update: Just ran through this list - https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Fallout_NV_Mod_Conflict_Troubleshooting#Issue:_ENB_Transparency.2FTranslucency_problem - No luck, same thing.

Mystical Panda

I usually use the 'boost'

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 pm

I usually use the 'boost' part to offload the textures without using the 'enb' part. Which version of the enb are you using? Which graphics card do you use? If I get a chance this evening, I'll try a few tests here and see if I'm getting the same problem- maybe we can figure it out from there.

BelGarion

Latest, 3.2.2, an Nvidia 970

Post by BelGarion » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Latest, 3.2.2, an Nvidia 970 4gb , and I've backed up, deleted, and changed the ENB to Nevada ENB and same difference. Oh and I'm using the FNV4gb so everything is installed in the /exe folder (though my old ENB was just the D3D dll was in the /exe and the rest in the root Fallout New Vegas folder. The Nevada ENB installation instructions said to put it all in the /exe folder) and same difference.

Mystical Panda

K. I've got 3.2.2 Also. Give

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 pm

K. I've got 3.2.2 Also. Give me just a bit to switch on ENB and use the Varmit rifle scope and see if the transparency meshes up. Be back here shortly...

Mystical Panda

For a quick test, I changed:

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:34 pm

For a quick test, I changed:

1) "UseENBoostWithoutGraphics=false" in the "enblocal.ini"

2) "UseEffect=true" in the "enbseries.ini"

My setup, normally, is using Reshade for color and other 'corrections', then ENB boost to handle higher res textures. After the two changes, I was able to use the Varmit Rifle scope without the transparency causing a problem. But that's just using the 'default' enb settings without anything custom enb presets like you'd find on the Nexus (some proxy out to things like SweetFX). Maybe one of those is what's causing the problem. The only things I can think of right off, without more testing, is either a shader, graphics card and, or driver, or something in the custom enb settings that might be causing the problem.

I know Boris usually programs for NVidia, so that's more than likely where you'd have your best compatibility; though that's probably not the issue. It kinda made me think of... when Bethesda switched over to NVidia libraries which caused transparency issues with AMD cards (quite awhile back).

Which ENB preset are you using?

BelGarion

Nevada ENB, it's compatible

Post by BelGarion » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:57 am

Nevada ENB, it's compatible with Realistic Wasteland Lighting and TTW. And it's really weird, it starts off clear then white spots appear and grow until it's solid white.

Mystical Panda

I kept everything the same

Post by Mystical Panda » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:14 am

I kept everything the same with my modded setup, except I swapped the Nevada ENB(enbseries.ini) with my current one, and changed the:

"UseENBoostWithoutGraphics=true" in the "enblocal.ini"

The one thing I noticed was the scope had a noticeable dof effect and the sky was a bit brighter, but I didn't see any weird transparency issues. I toggled the effects on and off a few times, then retested the scoping; I was testing the scoped Varmint Rifle. One thing though, I don't 'proxy' to SweetFX, I proxy to 'Reshade' instead.

You might toss MajiinCry a note and see if he can offer some additional insight; he has a bit more insight with ENB that I have. I usually just use it for the 'boost'.

BelGarion

Except there is one tiny

Post by BelGarion » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:27 am

Except there is one tiny problem, I went to send MajiinCry a private message and it says that name is invalid. O.o

MajinCry

Are you using ModOrganizer?

Post by MajinCry » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Are you using ModOrganizer? If you are, stop using it. It's buggy software and wouldn't surprise me if it's the source of your issues.

Are you using ReShade or SweetFX as a proxy with ENB? If you are, stop using them and port the shaders to ENB instead.