Please Read! NMC Compatibility!

General help and troubleshooting.
unoctium

Please Read! NMC Compatibility!

Post by unoctium » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:51 am

I'm trying to change the standard textures of places like Megaton in 'A Tale of Two Wastelands' via NMC's textures for Fallout 3.

I've tried many ways to try and get the textures to show. Initially, I just chucked the textures in the Data folder, and still the vanilla textures showed. I tried to place the textures in a bsa file and create an esp file associated with it, to load the textures (A technique which user Chucksteel detailed in another post.) Still no luck. Lastly, I simply replaced the the textures bsa of a Tale of Two Wasteland, emptying it into another folder, transferring the NMC files into there, and then repackaging it with the same name. The result of that was something horrifying to say the least :P Eyes on walls, and a completely grey megaton.

I'm trying to get the Capital Wasteland looking the best it can be. So if anyone can give me a little help or even share their experiences, trying to install NMC onto TTW, that would be a great help and I would be really grateful. I want to start modding for TTW and I see a lot of potential here, though as you can see, I'm having a bit of a false start :P

Unoctium.

jaassu

There is no problems

Post by jaassu » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:04 am

There is no problems installing any texturepacks in TTW as far as I know.

Installation method is exactly the same in TTW than in normal Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

Simply uncompress the texture pack files into New Vegas folder or Vegas data folder(depending the directory structure of the texture-archive you are using) and enable Archive Invalidation in Fallout Mod manager or Nexus Mod manager and you are ready to go.

I have heard also that you can also create BSA-file with Hires-textures which game could use but I do not know how to do that.

Tried that once but did not work, (result were also terribe)

It would be nice also if someone could give exact description how to do that.

rbroab

You really need to search for

Post by rbroab » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:17 pm

You really need to search for a topic before you post it. This is the response I gave in my post. It should work for you. It's a step by step for both NMC Texture Packs. New Vegas and Fallout 3.  But you  should probably run the uninstaller first just incase something got messed up. Here we go.

I've installed this on about five different computers, and have had no issues with TTW.

Go ahead and pick which one you are going to use: Large, Lite, Performance. The Large package has 5 different files to download. Lite and Performance each have 2. Download these to a new, clean folder; ex: NMC Textures FO3.

When the downloads have finished, you should either have 5 files, or 2 files. (Large has parts 1 - 5) (Lite/Performance has 1 - 2)

THIS IS IMPORTANT, extract ONLY from part 1. Do NOT extract both and do NOT extract part 2. It will be extracted with part 1. Now extract your files to the clean folder that you downloaded to. When finished extracting you should have your rar files, and either a Data folder or a Textures folder.

Merge either Data or Textures with the folder in your game data location. Usually (c:) Program Files [or Program Files (x86)] / Steam [or Bethesda Softworks] / Fallout New Vegas / Data.

If you're adding the NMC texture pack for New Vegas, the steps will only differ a little.

Large package still has 5 files. Medium package has 3 files. Small package has 2 files.

Again, download to a new, clean folder. Mine is named NMC Textures FNV.

Extract from PART 1 ONLY.

When extraction finishes, you should have the rar files, and a Data or Textures folder

Merge the Data or Textures folder with your game data in the location mentioned for the Fallout 3 textures above.

If you are using TTW, (which you should be, I mean you're here so....) Both texture packages you downloaded and extracted (both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas) should be merged into your New Vegas game directory.

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

unoctium

Yes, I usually do that.

Post by unoctium » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Yes, I usually do that. Extract only from Part 1.

I'm reinstalling Vegas later and then will run TTW.

Should I activate archiveinvalidation before I install TTW?

And then install TTW, and then add the NMC textures?

Thanks for your help you two otherwise - I realize some of us can sound a little dense sometimes, :P

Unoctium.

rbroab

Just install TTW. I would

Post by rbroab » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Just install TTW. I would worry about toggling archiveinvalidation.

So install TTW. And then get it running. No sense in modding it if it won't run.

Once you get it running, go ahead and add the NMC textures.

And like we tell all people here, only use mods AFTER you have left Vault 101.

Seeing as this is just a texture package, I wouldn't be as cautious.

And no worries, we are here to help. We like doing it. We only ask that you search for a post that might be similar to yours. If your post has been answered in another thread, go ahead and post there, or if you like, you can ask in the chatroom for help.

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.