A Question about the G.E.C.K

General mod discussion and requests.
BelGarion

A Question about the G.E.C.K

Post by BelGarion » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Trying to convert MotherShip Zeta Crew (MZC) to TTW and having a problem with the G.E.C.K, it won't let me set the ESM as the Active file. Do I rename the ESM as an ESP, make the changes, then rename back or do I have to copy the Script files into a new ESP as an override, load and recompile the scripts in that? 

thermador

Don't rename it, you have to

Post by thermador » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Don't rename it, you have to switch the ESM to ESP with FNVedit by editing the file's header information.  Also I think FOMM can do this.

Or, the GECK Power Up can be used to edit masters directly in the GECK.

JaxFirehart

Careful with the GECK PowerUp

Post by JaxFirehart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Careful with the GECK PowerUp it wrecks TTW.esm's ONAM files which are necessary for TTW to function properly. The fix is easy, might need to make a tutorial for it.

BelGarion

JaxFirehart wrote:

Post by BelGarion » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:34 pm

[quote=JaxFirehart]

Careful with the GECK PowerUp it wrecks TTW.esm's ONAM files which are necessary for TTW to function properly. The fix is easy, might need to make a tutorial for it.

[/quote]

What is the fix? The conversion with FNVEdit?

JaxFirehart

No, the conversion is ONLY

Post by JaxFirehart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:51 pm

No, the conversion is ONLY for making Fallout 3 mods into TTW mods.

Basically, you load TTW and ONLY TTW into FNVEdit, click on TTW.esm, click on file header, click on the ONAM section header and hit delete. The save and quit.

BelGarion

JaxFirehart wrote:

Post by BelGarion » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 pm

[quote=JaxFirehart]

No, the conversion is ONLY for making Fallout 3 mods into TTW mods.

Basically, you load TTW and ONLY TTW into FNVEdit, click on TTW.esm, click on file header, click on the ONAM section header and hit delete. The save and quit.

[/quote]

Wait, wait, wait, you said the ONAM was absolutely necessary for TTW to work, now your saying to delete them? O.o

JaxFirehart

FNVEdit rebuilds them when

Post by JaxFirehart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:51 pm

FNVEdit rebuilds them when you save and quit. In order to rebuild them properly, you need to make sure ONLY TTW is loaded. Not even the stash packs, because they are optional now it will mess with the ONAMs.

thermador

Good info, added this to the

Post by thermador » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Good info, added this to the FAQ: http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/faq#moddingtips

JaxFirehart

Thanks Therm

Post by JaxFirehart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks Therm

That entire FAQ is basically you, isn't it?

BelGarion

JaxFirehart wrote:

Post by BelGarion » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:08 pm

[quote=JaxFirehart]

FNVEdit rebuilds them when you save and quit. In order to rebuild them properly, you need to make sure ONLY TTW is loaded. Not even the stash packs, because they are optional now it will mess with the ONAMs.

[/quote]

Oh! So use GECK Powered Up to recompile the MZC scripts, then load up only TTW into FNVEdit and rebuild the ONAM? Ok!

Starting to think the "Uncheck ESM Flag" in the MZC ESM and rename to ESP is a better idea, I'm getting errors out of the wazoo during the script recompile. Didn't have that problem with recompiling Jessi. Missing Variables, missing functions, etc, as I recompiled all. >.<