Repopulating the Capital Wasteland

General mod discussion and requests.
ElvenScoundrel

Repopulating the Capital Wasteland

Post by ElvenScoundrel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:14 pm

I've been thinking about this as I played Fallout, and I came to the conclusion that the wastelanders of DC have to be morons, since downtown DC is chock-full of structurally-sound buildings that can easily be used as housing, and some even got fairly decent defensive spots to make a safe haven.

I was thinking of opening up the GECK, cleaning up certain downtown areas, removing all the spawns and putting actual wastelanders, and making the place seem a bit more alive.

One such place is in L'Enfant Plaza, where there's actual houses, even a Diner mostly intact. Would be nice to have actual towns in Downtown DC, that isn't Rivet City.

What do you guys think?

thermador

Sounds cool.  Have you looked

Post by thermador » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Sounds cool.  Have you looked at adapting MTC Wasteland Travellers V2 to work with TTW (and possibly adding/subtracting content)?  That would probably be an easy place to start with a big NPC mod.

ElvenScoundrel

Seems interesting. Part of my

Post by ElvenScoundrel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Seems interesting. Part of my idea for this mod was to remove the debris around L'Enfant Plaza, and making a clear and direct road towards it, connecting L'Enfant Plaza with Canterbury Commons, since most caravans start there. It'd make some pretty big changes to Downtown DC, though. I just can't see Caravans going through the Metros with their brahmin.

JimmyFraska

That would be my issue with

Post by JimmyFraska » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 am

That would be my issue with it.  A very small group of people holding up in a building, maybe.  But an entire community?  I doubt they'd survive long amongst the mutants and raiders.

ElvenScoundrel

I was going to add more than

Post by ElvenScoundrel » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 am

I was going to add more than wastelanders. It'd be reminiscent of Eastside, in New Vegas, which is a well-defended community. They'd have roadblocks and defensive positions in all entrances, as well as well-armed guards. I had a few ideas for the town, to make it seem a bit more plausible. One of the ideas involved making one of the citizens a tinkerer who set some automated turrets in the entrances and managed to fix a few Protectrons from the nearby subways to use as defense.

What I had in mind was to make something like Grayditch, sans the crazy scientist fiddling with ants.

ElvenScoundrel

Another interesting tidbit is

Post by ElvenScoundrel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:06 am

Another interesting tidbit is that there's supposed to be an underground mall in L'Enfant. Would be nice to recreate it. Something like an actual mall, and not one like the Super Duper Mart.