New Vegas Uncut: the Moburma mods

General mod discussion and requests.
TJ

New Vegas Uncut: the Moburma mods

Post by TJ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:18 pm

I'm currently working on updated versions of the uncut mods. The goal is to fix all the bugs I find and merge them into two mods: one based on Outside Bets, on based on his rendition of the Open mods. I do have full permission from Moburma to do this and he may even join us at a later date. So lets talk about it. What bugs do you know of in a Moburma mod? I'll get things started.

One of the biggest bugs in Outside Bets was the Meyers Speech. The problem: He'd start the speech, then walk off to go to sleep before finishing the cutscene - leaving you stuck there until he returned.. which maybe never happened. When I looked at his Primm sleep package it had a condition set that allowed him to sleep in Primm if he was chosen as sheriff and the 'MeyersSpeech' variable was greater than or equal to 1. That almost guarentees it's going to break, because it's set to one when the speech starts. To fix this I set it to >= 4, then added a line to the 'lets close this segment and go to Primm part of the speech to bump that var to 4 (it originally stopped at 3.) Problem solved.

Wilder Wasteland has been optimized a bit and merged into Outside Bets, and I'm currently working on fixing and adding the unreleased "Rex's Rat Radar". I'll use this thread to document my work as well as take any bug reports for any Moburma mod.

[collapsed title=Outside Bets changes] 

• Various Cut Content from Cyberweasel89: Various Keys and Pip-Boys for the vault dwellers that were missing them

• Merged Uncut Wasteland

• Resolved Dialogue conflicts with YUP/ TTW Fixes Re: Primm Sheriff

• Primm Reputation restored, courtesy Machienzo

• Meyers changes into sheriff's duster - Loosely based on Sheriff Meyers by Shantih

• Fixed Meyers Speech bug. (3 times)

• Merged Wilder Wasteland. Controller script cleaned and some code moved to quest stages to tidy up the script.

• Merged unreleased Dead Money Collar Death. Shouldn't need much work, if any, but cannot test thoroughly until it's tested by multiple people.

• Rex's Rat Radar NVSE fix.

• Added extra redundancy to hopefully prevent Primm teleport issue.

[/collapsed]

[collapsed title=Open changes]

• Duplicated Eulogy Jones's suit for Rotface to prevent conflicts with TTW

• Merged in FSO Music

• Merged the FSO part of Uncut Wasteland - FSO by sandbox6

• Merged King's Radio

[/collapsed]

NVSE 4.2 or higher is not required, but is highly recommended.

-Repo has been deleted-

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

RoyBatty

Posting the bugs I've

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Posting the bugs I've encountered in the mods like we discussed. ;)

Rottface sometimes disappears after he has enough money to buy his new hat to go along with his suit, making it impossible to complete his little sidequest.

In Freeside Open, several bugs occur.

After completing Three Card Bounty, Little Buster doesn't appear dead on the railroad tracks just outside the old mormon fort. This prevents you from obtaining the unique weapon "Cram Opener"

Jerry the Punk ends up stuck on the strip after completing Cry Me a River when Freeside Open is installed.

The Weathers family also ends up stuck on the strip after completing Left My Heart when Freeside Open is installed.

RickySloanKR

Hi,

Post by RickySloanKR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi,

It would be good to see this cut content being restored to the game (a lot of stuff was cut to help consoles). Moburma also has a few additional mods available for download on his blog Moburma Hacks.

Its under the New Vegas Basement section:

Kings Radio, Moon over the Tower, Rex's Rat Radar, Dead Money Orginal Collar Death and the Vault 21 chase.

Not sure if these are included in outside bets but worth a look. 

RickySloamKR

TJ

They aren't, and if you'll

Post by TJ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:13 pm

They aren't, and if you'll see above I'm already working on adding them. Thanks for your support though!

RickySloanKR

Should have read the whole

Post by RickySloanKR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Should have read the whole post. Thanks for looking at this.

RickySloamKR

paragonskeep

@TJ  Thank you for taking the

Post by paragonskeep » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:38 pm

@TJ  Thank you for taking the time and doing this. Greatly looking forward to it's completion. 

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?

TJ

paragonskeep wrote:@TJ  Thank

Post by TJ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:39 pm

[quote=paragonskeep]@TJ  Thank you for taking the time and doing this. Greatly looking forward to it's completion. [/quote]

Me too. Now go download the seperate versions of his released mods and find me some bugs

EDIT: Rex's Rat Radar is up for testing. It will be removed tomorrow at approximately this time. Please test the NVSE 4.1+ solution.

gluttoncreeper

Freeside Open gives me the

Post by gluttoncreeper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:27 am

Freeside Open gives me the bug on multiple computers, that the first visit to the Silver Rush, Jon-Bap is going to the toilet to get the prisoner for execution and stops never to move again. This is fixed with putting Uncut 3 at the end of my load order to bypass the Jon-Bap hang. Freeside Open states that Uncut 1 and 3 are intergrated.

Also after gaining access to Vegas, find a Gate Securiton hung on the dumpster down the first street from the Vegas gate. After talking to him, he go back to the gate. Return to freeside and there he is again plowing the dumpster.    

If Devil Bunny needs a Ham, so does the Glutton!

TJ

Thanks fella. That's the

Post by TJ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks fella. That's the kinda stuff I'm looking for.

Anybody that's downloaded Rex had a chance to test it? He should be charging after virtually any rat in the game. Well, in the NVRatList for sure.

Rex Radar's removed. If I don't get any bug reports by tomorrow afternoon I'll consider it done and merge it into outside bets... which should be nearing completion soon. I'll have a test 1 version up probably first of next week if all goes well.

paragonskeep

TJ wrote:

Post by paragonskeep » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:21 am

[quote=TJ]

paragonskeep wrote:

@TJ  Thank you for taking the time and doing this. Greatly looking forward to it's completion.

Me too. Now go download the seperate versions of his released mods and find me some bugs

EDIT: Rex's Rat Radar is up for testing. It will be removed tomorrow at approximately this time. Please test the NVSE 4.1+ solution.

[/quote]

Working on it. 

Finally got the chance to update to 2.6. I got all the non open ones and will be testing. *Not to self TURN OFF PANZER first

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?