Modding Bounties - Cash for Quality Conversions

General mod discussion and requests.
thermador

Modding Bounties - Cash for Quality Conversions

Post by thermador » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:24 pm

There are some mods that need to get converted that are difficult to convert.  So, some bounties may be in order.  These are out of my own pocket, not out of the web server fund.  These only apply to 100% complete, 100% working, high-quality conversions.

.: If you want to claim one of these please post in this thread or PM me :.

.: PLEASE only claim a bounty if you KNOW you have the skills and time to complete it.  These are all ADVANCED modding projects that require highly skilled modders - the absolute best of best :.

If anyone else is willing to add a cash bounty to mine to further encourage someone to complete these conversions, please post it.

.: Open Bounties :.

• Mothership Zeta Crew

• Bounty: $200

• Prior status: was claimed by sesom for a while.  You may want to contact him to see if he made any progress.

• Requirements:

• 100% working and converted most recent version of MZC, no crashes, etc.  There are a lot of custom FOSE scripts that need to be converted to NVSE, and the mod needs to be fully tested by experienced testers.  It's a huge mod.  There are bad meshes that need to be fixed and/or worked around, which cause crashes.  There are also some missing voice issues and other problems.

• Supporting mod TSC Air Support (on MSC page) also converted

• More info:

• Thread with some discussion of MZC here.

• An attempt at conversion on Nexus (although it is not fully working, as the author admits in the comments thread).  The comments thread for this conversion is pretty helpful with understanding the issues.  This conversion MIGHT be a good place to start, assuming it was done properly

• Vurt's Flora for Fallout 3 and Vurt's for NV megamerge

• Bounty: $230

• Prior Status: claimed, partially completed, then abandoned by Enneract.

• Requirements:

• Conversion of all FO3 versions combined with all FNV versions, combined in a single installer (based on the Vurt's NV FOMM menu), all versions of both mods available

• Trees and LOD fully working and built for all worldspaces, including DLCs

• Smooth and simple installation process - for example, using an FOMM options picker like Vurt's for NV (just start with the NV version, and add all the FO3 stuff to it for TTW) or a similar SIMPLE and SCRIPTED install process.

• Integration and/or compatibility with NMC's texture packs, the same way that Vurt's Flora for NV has this feature in its FOMM options picker.

• Compatible with EVE for TTW (early conversions had this problem, but I don't beleive that Enneract's work in progress has an issue).

• More info:

• TJ has taken a stab at converting this mod (here), and that might be a good place to start.  Note the patches in the thread that attempt to fix the LOD issue.

• There is also a discussion of conversion attempts here, and the issues with EVE compatibility.

• Vurt has given permission to convert these mods, so we can post all of the files combined, as TJ did, instead of just a compatibility patch.

• See Enneract's - work in progress thread

• IMPORTANT:

• ENNERACT abandoned his conversion without finishing it.  If you can get his conversion to fully work as described above in the requirements, you can have half the bounty up front, and if ENNERACT can't be contacted within 30 days of completion, the full bounty.

• Amata Companion

• Bounty: $100

• Requires:

• NOTE: this author is missing in action and cannot be contacted.  You have to be willing to make this conversion without explicit permission, and just implicit permission because it has been abandoned.  This means this conversion can only be posted here at TTW and NOT at the Nexus.

• See my early demo work here. I would not use this demo as a base, but rather start with a fresh conversion.

• See RickerHK's Brisa Conversion for an example of a well-executed conversion of a FO3 companion mod for FNV/TTW.

• Lucy West Companion

• Bounty $100

• Requires:

• NOTE: this author is missing in action and cannot be contacted.  You have to be willing to make this conversion without explicit permission, and just implicit permission because it has been abandoned. This means this conversion can only be posted here at TTW and NOT at the Nexus.

• See my early demo work here. I would not use this demo as a base, but rather start with a fresh conversion.

• See RickerHK's Brisa Conversion for an example of a well-executed conversion of a FO3 companion mod for FNV/TTW.

.: In Progress Bounties :.

.: Completed Bounties :.

More info:

• A TTW conversion has been done but it's not complete at all and needs to be debugged.  This might be a good place to start and would save time, but WMX has been updated since this conversion was made, so it may be better to start over fresh.

Important details

It will be at my sole discretion whether or not these bounties are paid - for example, if you hack together a buggy mess, that's not going to cut it obviously.  Bounties will be paid when the work is done, meeting all of the requirements, AND has been thoroughly tested by the community.

If you don't trust me to make the payment, I submit JaxFirehart and ChuckSteel as my references as to my general reliability in such matters.  ;-)

.: If you want to claim one of these please post in this thread or PM me :.

.: PLEASE only claim a bounty if you KNOW you have the skills and time to complete it.  These are all ADVANCED modding projects that require highly skilled modders - the absolute best of best :.

RoyBatty

I was planning to do WMX and

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:03 pm

I was planning to do WMX and Vurts. For WMX I was waiting for the next release for reasons you are probably aware of, to avoid doing extra work, however if mesh work was required I would be incapable of doing it.

I would need some help to meet your requirements for Vurts as I have no experience with FOMM scripting and my computer would probably take months to generate the LOD.

:(

Gribbleshnibit8

WMX is honestly probably the

Post by Gribbleshnibit8 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:35 pm

WMX is honestly probably the easiest of those. Especially considering reasons. I can help with limited mesh work as necessary, and I probably have a spreadsheet around of weapon mods that should or could be on the guns. Patches too are fairly easy. I'll certainly have a look at the PN one.

RoyBatty

Yeah the patches are pretty

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Yeah the patches are pretty easy and quick to do. I would make them for a few other things too, like AWOP NV and WRP if the existing ones need some tweaking.

CFW would be nice too, but I think that's a bit beyond my skill level.

OK, I have the time and I really need the money. So I'm going to claim WMX and Vurts.

SuBNeRoCL

FOOK is a moderately hard one

Post by SuBNeRoCL » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:47 pm

FOOK is a moderately hard one, but its easy If you want to read all of the condition lists and place each in a custom list i.e. FOOKRaiderarmors and put all the raider armors in there and place that in the Raiderarmors#DC list. Same for the helmets. The wastelander armors are the hardest, though. Since in FOOK NV's leveled lists have no names in their ID's, the only way to tell is reading the armor name off to the right. Weapons are probably the easiest part of FOOK NV. I would try this one but its pretty overwhelming. If I had some money I would add this one here. It requires a LOT of time to do, even if leveling the gear sounds easy.

RoyBatty

I'm somewhat hesitant to

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:22 am

I'm somewhat hesitant to accept any money for it either, however I am unemployed at present and I really need the money to get a decent microphone setup. The rest I will use to further my re-education.

enneract

Oh, uhm...

Post by enneract » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:29 am

Oh, uhm...

I'm half-done on Vurts already. More or less just need to convert\merge the versions I don't use and make the installer. I started working on it on my last Fallout kick a couple months ago, and stopped working on it when I lost interest. 

I guess I'll finish it, though!

RoyBatty

Oh damn... well I don't want

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 am

Oh damn... well I don't want to take that away from you then.

darthbdaman
Gary

Um, forgive me, but wouldn't

Post by darthbdaman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:39 am

Um, forgive me, but wouldn't Bethesda flip their shit if they saw something like this?

thermador

darthbdaman wrote: Um,

Post by thermador » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:57 am

[quote=darthbdaman]

Um, forgive me, but wouldn't Bethesda flip their shit if they saw something like this?

[/quote]

No. This is for modding work. The mods themselves will be freely available to all. So this isn't in violation of any part of the EULAs.

Enneract, thanks for the offer I appreciate it. However, Roy's got dibs on this one right now. Actually, your post helps sort of clarify why I am doing this. There are a lot of half-finished attempts at all of these, and people always lose interest and don't finish them because there's no real incentive to get them done. And that's what I'm working to change.

Roy's got the time, proven dedication and skill, and now monetary incentive, to complete the work to 100% and do it to a high standard. So for now, he's got dibs on those two.