XRE - CARS! For TTW

Mod releases and conversions.
horredtheplague

XRE - CARS! For TTW

Post by horredtheplague » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:44 am

All the fun of Ermeso's XRE - CARS! has  now been brought to the Capital Wastelands. TTW_XRE-CARS! brings several service stations and cars to the Capital Wasteland area, as well as a couple select DLC's. Some cars are for sale from nearby merchants, and others can be simply found in various locations.

For the most part this was a one-day job, so I can't guarantee it's perfect. I've tested the major systems, bought & grabbed new autos, driven around and repaired/refueled at a couple stations. Everything seems to be working fine. If you run into problems (with my content, not the CARS! mod itself), please let me know and I'll see what I can do. Note that not a lot is possible w/ the actual mod, as the script sources were not included by Ermeso and he is no  longer on the modding scene. If there's enough interest in this mod, I'll try to do what I can from the outside.

INSTALLATION: Download & Install XRE-CARS! v0.85 & 0.86 as instructed on the Nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49042/?

There's a couple steps and things that happen after your initial install, so please read Ermeso's Read Me carefully.

NOTE: The XRE-CARS!.esp contains a lot of dirty edits, but can sometimes be touchy when cleaned. I recommend you make a backup before giving FNVEdit a try.

Download & install my attachment mod, and place it AFTER XRE-CARS!.esp

.... (All the TTW Stuff)

XRE-CARS!.esm

XRE-CARS!.esp

TTW_XRE-CARS!.esp

Toss the Menus folder into your FalloutNV/Data folder.

And then do the following:

NEW: In order to see the new compass UI, you'll need to edit (possibly even create) an XML file, or edit one of the UIO text files.

IF you use UIO: Go into Data/uio/private folder, and open supported.txt in any text editor. Add the following lines at the bottom:

cars\compass_cars.xml::hudmainmenu

true

If you don't use UIO: Go into Data/Menus/Prefabs folder, and look for a flie named: includes_HUDMainMenu.xml It will open in a text editor of choice. You'll want to add the following line:

<include src="cars\compass_cars.xml" />

And if this file doesn't exist, you'll need to create it (with that line) plus go to Menus/Main and insert a small piece at the bottom of HUDMainMenu.xml:

<include src="Includes_HUDMainMenu.xml" />

You don't need to start a new game (I did my testing from a cleaned old save).

Incompatibilities:  None I'm aware of. As far as the worldspaces, I purposely avoided landscape edits & just moved a few trees/bushes/rocks/etc around when needed (didn't delete). However be advised there's a couple dialog nodes in the XRE-CARS!.esp (for Rex & his shop quests) so you'll want to merge these. [Hello, Goodbye, the standards bits...]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KeltecRFB

Thank you and installed,

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:29 am

Thank you and installed, although I have not found anything yet in CW but I didn't play long.

"TTW is the Fallout version of The One Ring. The One Ring to rule them all."

"Si vis pacem, para bellum!"

My new favorite, the IWI TC-21 Tavor

KeltecRFB

Yep, looks good!  I second

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Yep, looks good!  I second the thank you for the port.  Also, don't forget about Mattell's cars in NV.  Some of them have calling FOBs and have great off road suspensions with the power to boot.

horredtheplague

Glad to hear everybody's

Post by horredtheplague » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Glad to hear everybody's liking it!

[quote=KeltecRFB]don't forget about Mattell's cars in NV.  Some of them have calling FOBs and have great off road suspensions with the power to boot.[/quote]

Once the dust settles from this release, I might get with him again and see if he wants to do something with/for this mod. A special TTW mix, perhaps. I know he's a big TTW fan, so it's quite possible. Who knows, maybe we can work out a way to get DC license plates as well?

As for power, I was surprised that I was able to do some decent cross-country even in the 1934 Ford.

KeltecRFB

Pushing a Derelict Car over

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Pushing a Derelict Car Over the Edge on a Rainy Day in the CW

Open image in New Tab if you want to see it in 1920x1080

KeltecRFB

Cool Horred!  Thanks for your

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Cool Horred!  Thanks for your hard work!

KeltecRFB

Someone Else Don't Like

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Someone Else Don't Like Centaurs?!

Open image in New Tab if you want to see it in 1920x1080

horredtheplague

Maybe it's the old man in me,

Post by horredtheplague » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:25 am

Maybe it's the old man in me, but these are one set of cars that I want a compass on my dashboard. Just so I don't drive miles in the wrong direction because 1 rubble pile looks like the next.

So I looked into the compass bit today; good news and bad news. Bade news first. I couldn't figure out how to restore the HUD compass. Not only am I not sure what method Ermeso used to hide it, the compass is the one main HUD element that's in the template scripts instead of the main menu script (didn't even see them called from main script, except an include). Sorting all out that is a bit beyond my meager monkeying skills. Maybe somebody more skilled in UI would find it an easy task?

On the good news side, it's quite possible to add a brand new custom compass UI. I managed to get the HUD compass bar art to show up while driving, just couldn't get it to act like a compass. I can probably manage it eventually, and I have it all ironed out in theoretical armchair philosophy. But I'd have to learn a lot to pull it off and I know I can't sink that sort of time into this right now.

If there's anybody that thinks they could whip up a decent compass UI with relative ease, you're the answer to our prayers. I think a compass was the number one request on the (abandoned) Nexus forums for the mod, so I know I'm not alone in this. This could be made as an independent release (for the stock version), or merged right in (our TTW version).

According to my theory it would just take a couple textures (a main diffuse, and an overlay mask), plus a little UI code (XML / menu) for placing it and some support scripting (.ncs) to set Player.GetAngle Z as a UI float value which can be used to rotate one of the compass textures as the player turns in game. ( It could be either texture rotating, depending on the compass design). Trickiest part is probably when you lap over 0/360 in a spin and have to coordinate that with the artwork w/o tail-spinning it. Speaking of artwork, quality-wise just something in sync with the dashboard gauges (decent/straightforward). Left bottom corner placement seems fitting, same region as the missing compass and still eligible for 'dashboard resting'.

pintocat

I don't know what'd happen

Post by pintocat » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:30 am

I don't know what'd happen exactly, it might flash from being enabled/disabled, but you could maybe try setting the compass visible/enabled from script, which is probably what he's doing. SetUIFloat "HUDMainMenu\elementnamewhatever" 1   or something. I've got my paws full with other xml stuff right now so I'm not going to take that on, but if you have questions I'll try to answer

edit:  this might be the compass vis setting 

hudmainmenu\template_compass_window\compass_window\visible

Random Username

Thank you! Works fine for me

Post by Random Username » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Thank you! Works fine for me so far. Could you tell me the locations of the cars? I don't really like to search the whole wasteland for them ;)