Ties That Bind Follower Mod Conversion

Mod releases and conversions.
A55K1KA

Ties That Bind Follower Mod Conversion

Post by A55K1KA » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:48 am

This is a TTW Conversion of the "Ties That Bind" follower mod from fallout3 and appears to be 100% working fine (as of 7/8/2014)

Just to clarify what 100% working fine means, it means it behaves the same as the previous conversions of the same mod found on the forum post here... http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/help-mod-conversion-ties-bind

Meaning it still has no companion wheel, however this version fixes the bug with wait, follow, dismiss comands not working (she no longer follows you when she shouldnt).

Requires the original fallout 3 data (BSA and Sound folder) found here.. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19941/?

install the original mod in your fallout nv data folder, then download the replacement esp (attached to this post) and install over the existing files in your fallout nv data folder.

launch the game and enjoy.

remember to endorse the original mod on the fallout 3 nexus if you enjoyed it, and be sure to thank the guys on this page.. http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/help-mod-conversion-ties-bind for their hard work on converting up to the point where i took over.

credit to the original author of the fallout 3 mod TheFourWings, for their work on this awesome mod.

Thanks to the following:

BLACKARTmods, who modeled Amanda's likeness after the real life Amanda Jane Herries.

Loxy, whose Jessi Companion helped me understand some scripting issues throughout and saved me the hassle of typing out a couple as well.

YoshikinaKota for Amanda's hair, from Hair Pack.

All other content in Ties that Bind created solely by TheFourWings

credit to the various users who helped make the conversion possible (im not entirely sure who did what so sorry for being vague there). (if you believe you were one of these "various users" please let me know and Ill add your name here).

JazzIsParis has kindly provided a version with the companion wheel functional, I havent tested it myself, but it has been confirmed working. *Note - there has been 1 bug(s) reported on this version* (see attached file marked as: "Ties That Bind: JIP's Version (working companion wheel)")

If there are any issues or bugs please let me know.

[collapsed title=Current Bugs or Issues]

[collapsed title=(only applies to users that downloaded prior to the 7/9/2014)]seems the ttw site edits file names if there are more than one of the same name, to fix I have replaced the ESP download with a 7z file download

The changed file name was causing issues with Amanda's voice files and possibly other assets of the mod, sorry for not noticing it right away.[/collapsed]

[collapsed title=Amanda not appearing in storage room upon entering Vault 101 Atrium]

One issue has been reported, details here http://taleoftwowastelands.com/comment/26086#comment-26086

it appears that using a custom race is the cause for amanda not appearing in the storage room, suggest using a vanilla race until you have made it out of vault 101.

[/collapsed]

[collapsed title= JIP's version waiting issue]

"unfortunately if you tell her to wait she appears to lose her wheel. Once that happens loading an old save will only

provide a longterm fix if you exit and reload the game before loading it."

[/collapsed]

[/collapsed]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A Bullet Will Always Lead To Mutual Understanding...
In That It's One Of The Few Things
That One Can Truly Wrap Their Head Around"
-A55K1KA

enneract

Define '100% working fine'?

Post by enneract » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:48 am

Define '100% working fine'? Did you do companion wheel, etc, or just disable it?

A55K1KA

by 100% working i mean it is

Post by A55K1KA » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:51 am

by 100% working i mean it is an edited version of the esp that chaophim uploaded (i believe it was based on yours too), it basically fixes the whole dismissal, wait, follow bug that you guys were still having.

Ill update the OP to better explain that, and once i know the specifics I will include credits for you guys too.

-A55K1KA

enneract

Ah ok, it is based off what

Post by enneract » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Ah ok, it is based off what was in that thread. I have no problem with a 'definitive' version, nor was I seeking credit, just seeing if this was based on the same 'ancestry' as the other thread, or was a more 'proper' port. My fix was pretty hacky, imo.

A55K1KA

There has been a report of

Post by A55K1KA » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:02 am

There has been a report of issues during the "escape!" sequence, supposedly something not working when entering the Vault 101 atrium, end result being that you can escape just not with the follower.

I have been unable to recreate this issue on my end, but I will recommend anyone using this mod makes a save prior to entering the "vault 101 atritum" (the first load door after you are told that ___ has escaped the vault).

It seems to be luck of the draw, since the person who reported the issue seemed to have no problems at first then after restarting the game again they encountered it multiple times.

Amanda should appear hitting glass to your right kinda infront of you in a room marked "storage" after you walk in to the main room of the atrium, if she isnt reload to a save before you entered the atrium and try again. I am not sure if it will work or not but without being able to recreate the issue myself my help is limited.

-A55K1KA

Runnerblank

So got ties that bind working

Post by Runnerblank » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:15 am

So got ties that bind working. Only issue is that the mod refuses to play nice with JIP Companions Command and Control.
Amanda will follow with no companion wheel, but is not showing up in any way in JIPCCC.
Will try to force her to join after work.
Always bring a companion or two that is slower than you.
Because you don't need to out run a Deathclaw.
You just need to out run your companions (Just bring a lot of companions in case the Deathclaw is really hungry!).

A55K1KA

I have no idea of the

Post by A55K1KA » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:58 am

I have no idea of the workings of JIPCCC (I use a controller), that being said, Ill take a look later on and see if anything jumps out.. Ill add this to the current bugs/issues section in the mean time.

-A55K1KA

Runnerblank

Dropped an comment asking

Post by Runnerblank » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Dropped an comment asking about this to jazzisparis on the Nexus JIP CCC.
Will try to force her to join the party (she is already following me like a companion but is not showing up on JIP CCC).
You just need to out run your companions (Just bring a lot of companions in case the Deathclaw is really hungry!).

Runnerblank

Sorry about that. I saw the

Post by Runnerblank » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Sorry about that. I saw the that FO3 JIP CCC had a patch for ties that bind/Amanda so wasn't sure.

You save me a lot of frustration (again!).

Thank you!

A55K1KA

I might still have a plan in

Post by A55K1KA » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 pm

I might still have a plan in relation to JIP CCC runner, unconfirmed at this point, i might be able to adjust my script to force-hire them at the right times.

-A55K1KA