Project Nevada - DC Cybernetic Implants

Mod releases and conversions for Legacy versions of TTW
DO NOT USE WITH TTW 3.2!
DarkValor

Project Nevada - DC Cybernetic Implants

Post by DarkValor » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Greets,

[Author Note: Not Released Yet -- Coming Soon(tm)]

I suppose I should make a mod. Hell, I play TTW enough to probably warrant it. Anyway, I'm making a new Cyberware plugin that'll add brand new Implants to 'Project Nevadas - Cyberware'. It's still a work in progress and not ready for release (super incomplete) but I have solved all of the technical aspects required.

It'll end up adding implants to various locations around the DC Wasteland, bestow cybernetic surgery onto a few gifted individuals and grant you the ability to teach the inept in its art. Might have to add a few of the PN Implants to DC maybe, to make things a little more balanced. Not sure yet; something to ponder.

Anyway, main point in posting about it now is to get some ideas from the community as to what kind of implants should be added to the Capital Wasteland for the player... because I can only come up with so many.

Having said that, please make sure the requests are not overly complicated (but there might be a time for those later). Also, apologies in advance, I will always have to prioritise my real-life(tm) over modding, so updates might be a little erratic.

Here's the list, thus far (lots of changes), and it's open to debate and discussion (click the spoiler, it's a lot of text). I'll update and adjust according to feedback.

Cheers,

Dark.

[collapsed title=Implant Ideas]

Arms

LPEF Generator    (L1 = +5 Energy Resist; L2 = +10 Energy Resist)

TODO: Cryo Pulse (Temporarily Freezes Enemies, if I can figure it out).

Legs

UNSURE (sounds dumb though): Impulse Amp (L1 = +5 movement speed, L2 = +10 movement speed)

Head

AP Booster (L1 = +10 AP; L2 = +20 AP; L3 = +30 AP; L4 = +40 AP)

Nerve Impulse Regulator (L1 = 33% Reduced Weapon Spread; L2 = 66% Reduced Weapon Spread)

RESPIN Uplink (Spotting, Enhanced Sensors)

TODO: Implant RIx2 (hack robot IFF, to neutral or ally, successes pin on your science skill)

TODO: Implant TIx1 (auto-hack terminals? only works on terminals ranked one tier below your current science skill)

TODO: Implant RTIx3 (a craftable combination of RIx2 and TIx1)

Torso

Epidermal Fortifier (L1 = +10 RAD Resist; L2 = +20 RAD Resist; L3 = +30 RAD Resist; L4 = +40 RAD Resist)

Epidermal Insulator (L1 = +10 Fire Resist; L2 = +20 Fire Resist; L3 = +30 Fire Resist; L4 = +40 Fire Resist)

Monocyte HyperBreeder (Accelerated Healing, Sickness depending on END) -- Upgrade of Monocyte Breeder, has trade-offs.

Nanobiotic UniCore (Limb Regeneration, has a regeneration delay) -- Upgrade of Nanobiotic Weave, has trade-offs.

VitoImmune Booster (L1 = +15 Poison Resist, +5 HP; L2 = +30 Poison Resist, +10 HP; L3 = +45 Poison Resist, +15 HP; L4 = +60 Poison Resist, +20 HP)

[/collapsed]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jakeasaurouz

For the negative effects,

Post by Jakeasaurouz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:03 pm

For the negative effects, perhaps as the implant is upgrading the side effects should decrease slightly. Not so much that they're not there anymore, simply change the ratio of negfx:bonus

Puppettron
Gary

lotta people like cryo

Post by Puppettron » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:22 pm

lotta people like cryo effects

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

DarkValor

Like a cryo pulse, like the

Post by DarkValor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:43 am

Like a cryo pulse, implemented similarly to the EMP and Heat Implants?

I need some more Arm / Leg Implant ideas...

Update: the current nine are working just fine... but I still haven't bothered placing them anywhere yet. Still some fixes to do too -- the implant re-textures have upside down text (lol, need to invert one of the axes) and I need to get around to creating custom icons for them (both of which are pretty easy).

But time, never enough time (I'll get around to it though).

Regards,

Dark.

Puppettron
Gary

there was another thread

Post by Puppettron » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:55 am

there was another thread about things people would want to see, dunno where it is offhand.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Puppettron
Gary

afaik, the pn pulse things

Post by Puppettron » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:33 am

afaik, the pn pulse things are lob weapons with regenerating ammo that have impact explosions on the projectiles.  your best bet for figuring out the cryo side is obviously the cryo nades in MZ

DarkValor

yeah, that lob mechanism is

Post by DarkValor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:20 am

yeah, that lob mechanism is probably the best method of implementing it though (that's why I mentioned them).

Puppettron
Gary

it's a bit de-mystifying once

Post by Puppettron » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:00 am

it's a bit de-mystifying once you dig into it though.