gunsmithing mod

Mod releases and conversions for Legacy versions of TTW
DO NOT USE WITH TTW 3.2!
Puppettron
Gary

gunsmithing mod

Post by Puppettron » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 am

Gunsmithing Mod.

ok, so it's not true gunsmithing, it's repurposing parts of guns from dismantled guns into use for different guns and such.

mod includes the following:

4 perks:  Gunsmithing (guns 25, repair 25) allows you to make and dismantle all the non-unique vanilla guns and make most of the mods for said guns.  Advanced Gunsmithing (guns 70, repair 70, level 10 or complete all the build challenges) allows you to build the unique guns, and build and break mod-specific variants of guns.  Junk to Gold, which dumps gunsmithing parts into containers.  1st Recon is a personal gift of mine that gives bonuses when using sniper weapons that aren't just a stupid vats bonus.

5 challenges:  4 of the challenges: pistol mastery, shotgun mastery, rifle mastery, and big gun mastery, just track how many of each type of gun you make, and as you complete them, you get a schematic for a personal unique weapon.  the 5th challenge is for building those uniques.  

A variant of almost every vanilla + dlc weapon in the game, half of which have new mods, also created with gunsmithing.

close to 700 recipes etc. that handle most of the work

misc items to fill out the recipes and stuff.

compatability issues:

Mod makes changes to the following things, which you should watch for in your merged/bashed patch (if you don't use merged/bashed patches, please ask someone to show you how to do it, it's not hard and it makes your LO much easier):

formid lists:  Repair lists for several weapons have been added to.  NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons, PerkCowboyWeapons, WeaponShotgunList, WeaponMachinegunList, TheProfessionalWeaponsList, and NVDLC02PerkGruntWeapons lists have all been added to.  nothing has been subtracted.

perks:  Jury Rigging has had an entry added to it.  Cowboy and Grunt have had description changes, but nothing to the actual effects, therefore not important to watch for.

Leveled Lists:  GS-specific LLs have been added to several LLs

Scripts:  changed the scripts for all three shotgun trap activators.  this will cause incompatabilities with other mods that also change these scripts.  the only way to actually fix it is to fix the script by hand, otherwise put whichever mod's version as the overwrite in your merge.

Weapons:  Mod adds custom versions of TTW weapons from fo3 to GRA.  the stats on these weapons are based entirely on vanilla values, so mods you use that adjust stats on vanilla weapons will not touch the custom weapons.  if you desire full compatability, you will need to adjust the stats on the custom and variant weapons.

****  Now Presenting:  GunsmithingRevamp ****

The Revamp version makes the following changes:

Recipes no longer make guns at 75% health, they make tokens which the crafting script pulls to replace with a weapon with the proper health.  The formula for this is Repair/2 + guns/4 + Challenge Bonus (Each of the 4 gunsmithing challenges gives +5%).  Now your skills have more to do with how good your weapons come out than ever before, and helps stop the economy-wrecking abilities of the Gunsmithing Mod.

Recipes have also been modded to add more ingredients -- mostly scrap metal, and uniques now require a repair kit -- to even out the mass of ingredients vs final product, also to make bigger guns cost more resources than smaller ones.  Pistols are largely unaffected by this, as they're really small, but the large guns like LMGs will require a butt-ton of scrap metal to put together.

container changes have been reduced to only vendor containers that contain the gunsmithing vendor list.  all the other containers are no longer effected.  instead, i moved the gunsmithing loot lists into a bunch of leveled lists, to allow for greater distribution.  which means now your merged patch will have to look at leveled lists instead of a bunch of random containers.  Dean's Secret Stashes were unchanged. 

some of the missing item mod recipes have been added.  if there's an item mod that you think should be covered by the mod, please let me know.

All the formlists shared by GS and TTW have now been cleaned up to be completely TTW compatible, although you will still have to check those in your merged patch with other mods.

the Gunsmithing Challenges Rifle Mastery and Shotgun Mastery have been pared down to make them easier to attain.

the Revamp is a larger file, due to now having a copy of every firearm and variant in the game now in it's files to use as crafting tokens.

Most of my work on the mod will be on Revamp from here on out, though if you have issues with the basic version, please let me know.

**** Newest version:  Panzer Style ****

exactly the same as Revamp above, except the names of everything's been changed to reflect Panzer's naming conventions, and i added nail shot ammo in 20ga and 12ga.  so if you're part of the group of people enjoying Panzer and would like to use a less immersion-breaking Gunsmithing mod, here you go

Important:  Do not use both Gunsmithing versions on the same LO, it would be pointless and would result in recipe dupes.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Perren D'Wolff

Interesting. Is this the same

Post by Perren D'Wolff » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:57 am

Interesting. Is this the same mod that Gopher is trying out on his lets play.

Sandloon

Can we get a link to the

Post by Sandloon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:48 am

Can we get a link to the Nexus site? I would really like to read more info before downloading, and I have forgotten how to Google atm

EDIT: Ok, I lied. I was just lazy...But this peaked my interest so here you go.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50312/?

Also, a mod that is similar, but looks like it would go hand in hand.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49304/?

"If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it"

Puppettron
Gary

yeah, i realized late last

Post by Puppettron » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 pm

yeah, i realized late last night after i left the internet that i forgot the nexus link.  the desc on the nexus link is pretty accurate, but i added some fo3 stuff to the TTW version.  i haven't put in the fo3 uniques yet, because i'm currently at the point where i'm wondering if uniques belong in the mod.

I don't know what gopher's doing, so if he's using my mod in a playthrough, cool.  if not, oh well.  i'll live.

after looking at the second link there, i'm struck by a couple of things.  1)  i'm glad i didn't go with my gut and call it the gunsmithing project and 2) i'm wondering if calling it a project would get better reception.

mostly what i'm looking for atm is feedback, since i get almost none at the nexus, so i really don't know how the mod performs for other people and their playstyles.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Puppettron
Gary

i just realized the problem i

Post by Puppettron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:56 am

i just realized the problem i'd been having with the mod.  i've been using the version i had just before i completed upgrade to 2.0 on nexus.  there's not a whole lot different, but renaming some of the recipes to avoid accidents was part of it, so i'm uploading a corrected version of that now.

Puppettron
Gary

tonight, i'm working on

Post by Puppettron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:54 am

tonight, i'm working on making buildable ttw weapons that have mod slots on them.  which will be a stopgap sort of thing until ttw weapons get official mod slots on them and i just have to change a few things to accomodate.

JaxFirehart

You know, if you can set up

Post by JaxFirehart » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:10 am

You know, if you can set up decent looking guns with mods, I would gladly incorporate them.

Scouren

Preferably ones that are lore

Post by Scouren » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 am

Preferably ones that are lore friendly, like in the older games.

Puppettron
Gary

@jax:  i've got no skill or

Post by Puppettron » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:05 am

@jax:  i've got no skill or ability to make meshes and textures, so the stuff i'm making uses the original textures until i learn to do all the modeling and stuff.  so essentially, i've made new versions of the fo3 guns with mod slots incorporated and built imods for them.  i'm still tweaking a bunch of things because i've never messed with imods before and i really don't want the vanilla versions to eclipse the unique versions.  if, however, you like what i've done, when i update, feel free to use it.  if the official TTW slotted weapons differ from mine, i'll probably just set my mod to conform, since all that was only like 3 hours of work and time is my greatest resource -- i can spend as much of it as i want cause i get all of it every day.

@scouren:  most of what you may be concerned with is in the reply to jax there, but i feel it should be mentioned that since i'm not creating anything new with the mod, i'm just making natural adjustments to what exists as befits the mod's philosophy, i don't think i'm going to run into any problems with "lore friendly" with the mod.  other than the ability to smith guns and stuff.  that being said, i'm less concerned about the lore than i am about things making sense within the mod.

Puppettron
Gary

on a related note, if you

Post by Puppettron » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:18 am

on a related note, if you know how to mesh/texture and want to help, or just want to help me learn to do it my damn self, feel free to let me know.