Salt Lake Stories Release

Mod releases and conversions.
Yossarian

Salt Lake Stories Release

Post by Yossarian » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Salt Lake Stories takes place in the area around the Great Salt Lake and builds on the Story of Honest Hearts. On a unique designed travel map you can discover 15 mini-worldspaces, 100 interiors and 38 quests. This mod also holds over 50,000 voiced words of dialogue lines. This is more than double as much spoken words as you could find in Honest Hearts.

These locations, quests and dialogues tell you the Story of the area around the Great Salt Lake. It was partly inspired by Van Buren Design Documents and was made as a homage to the old Fallout titles. The playing experience is supposed to reflect this and action sequences are scarce. You will be able to complete most of the quests without fire your gun once, but violence will fulfill your goals also in most cases.

One of my design decisions was, that there aren’t quest markers and no obvious information, what you’re supposed to do next. There're entire locations and many content, that could stay hidden to you, if you take the wrong decisions. If you want to explore the full scale of the mod, you’ll have to take your time and listen to the characters and look very carefully. If you want to rush through content and grab a few new weapons, this mod most likely is not the right one for you.

Get the mod on the website below or on Nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/63332

http://www.saltlakestories.com/

Mystical Panda

Awesome! Can't wait to check

Post by Mystical Panda » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:50 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to check it out!!! 

RoyBatty

Grats on release.

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Grats on release.

Nostalgia

Eight years of work on this?

Post by Nostalgia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Eight years of work on this? Dam it ought to be good! Would you like me to convert the outfits for the Type3 Cali body in BodySlide? I have it working and looking pretty good. I could also do it for CBBE if you like that better.

Yossarian

Sure, feel welcome. I would

Post by Yossarian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:53 am

[quote=Nostalgia]

Eight years of work on this? Dam it ought to be good! Would you like me to convert the outfits for the Type3 Cali body in BodySlide? I have it working and looking pretty good. I could also do it for CBBE if you like that better.

[/quote]

Sure, feel welcome. I would add it as optional if you do.

Yossarian

Do you use any mod, that

Post by Yossarian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:56 am

[quote=carxt]

Somehow, after I talk to Floyd, I can't do anything after the slide.

[/quote]

Do you use any mod, that changes something on the Honest Hearts ending scripts? Because if so, this would be the reason. Normally, after the slides, you should be ported to the new location. Does that happen or do you still stand still in Zion?

I've added this info to my FAQ. Check your mods for these records below.

Q: Are there any compatibility issues with other mods or DLCs?

A: No, this mod was created without a single record change to the main-game. This means, it will be compatible with any mod. It changes, however, a few records in the DLC Honest Hearts, so I can’t suggest to use this with a mod, that does a lot of changes to Honest Hearts. If you don’t end in the location of my Mod after the Honest Hearts Endslides, then most likely one of your mods overwrite one of the following records:

Quest record: NVDLC02Ending

Quest record: NVDLC02MQ01

Script record: NVDLC02MojaveDoorScript

Script record: NVDLC02NarratorScript

Door record: NVDLC02ZionDoor

Dialogue record: Some changes to Dialogues, but nothing mandatory.

Yossarian

Nostalgia wrote:

Post by Yossarian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:27 am

[quote=Nostalgia]

[/quote]

It wasn't actually 8 years, since there were several years without any development in between. Development time is maybe around 3 years I would say.

jlf65

Holy cow! It's out!

Post by jlf65 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Holy cow! It's out! Downloading as we speak. laugh

Great work. You and anyone else involved should feel proud. There aren't many mods this size, and it's a hell of a lot of work.

catcameback

It's a small thing, but I

Post by catcameback » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:20 pm

It's a small thing, but I really enjoy rolling around this new world while wearing Joshua's armor. cheeky

Nostalgia

This is a VERY GOOD mod! I

Post by Nostalgia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:38 pm

This is a VERY GOOD mod! I like that there are no quest markers for things. The story is both realistic and imaginative- as are the characters. It is new and mysterious and a little somber and dark in a perfect blend to convey a sense of distinctive atmosphere. I can see that I'm going to be spending quite awhile here. This is shaping up to be one of my favorites that I will play again and again.smiley