Provides compatibility between Project Nevada's features and Tale of Two Wastelands by:
- Removing duplicate weapons, ammo, and armor along with adding PN's chargeable weapon feature to select Fallout 3 weapons.
- Adding enhanced vision modes and visor vision to appropiate headwear.
- Allowing certain FO3 characters to perform cybernetic surgery and the ability to find PN's implants in the Capital Wasteland.
- Rebalancing food and drink to comply with TTW's standards and PN's. (WIP)
I kept a few PN weapons that some people may consider "duplicate". One are the lever action rifles and the replica repeater. I mostly did this because they aren't as strong as the "unique" Lincoln Repeater, and they have a different texture (well the lever action rifles do anyway). Now, probably a little bit more controversial is that I kept the alloy-steel weapons and the dragoon weapons. I kept these because they used the cleaner Operation Anchorage texture and you couldn't get them outside the of OA. All duplicate ammunitions and armor were removed too.
Jax made an awesome Cyberware addition that he never released and I incorporated into this. Essentially what it does it add all PN's implants into the Capital Wasteland and allows specific doctors to perform surgery with a surgery manual (some don't need it). Oh, and some surgery manuals have been placed in the wasteland too. He did 99% of the work on this one. I only added one implant he missed.
The rebalanced food is currently half implemented. PN Rebalance adds dehydration factors to many foods. I need to readd all of these. For now, you will not become more dehydrated when eating food than you would in vanilla FNV. PN also lowers the amount of starvation that many foods heal. Currently this patch uses TTW's values.
Feedback is appreciated. Criticism is optional. Questions will be answered. Enjoy!
[collapsed title=Installation and Load Order]
(2) Drop it into your Fallout New Vegas Folder
(3) Put it after an PN patches closer to the bottom of your LO and activate with your favorite mod manager
[collapsed title=Future Plans]
(1) PN Rebalance adds dehydration factors to many foods. I need to readd all of these. For now, you will not become more dehydrated when eating food than you would in vanilla FNV.
(2) PN also lowers the amount of starvation that many foods heal. Currently this patch uses TTW's values.
(3) I plan on adding Mothership Zeta implants. I initially scrapped the idea, but... I get bored easily and I'd like MZ to be FO3's answer to Old World Blues.
(4) I need to look over FO3's quests to see if you give characters weapons and if PN's weapons would fit into the requirements. An example is during the Project Purity quest; you can give Daniel a pistol, but PN's pistols do not count.
[collapsed title=Compatibility]This will be incompatible with anything that modifies food items from either game. Load this after any mod that does so to retain PN's benefits. It may also be incompatible with anything that modifies specific aspects of the Replicated Man quest from FO3. I can't really think of anything though.[/collapsed]
[collapsed title=Change Log]
Fixed incompatibilities with TTW 2.4. It should no longer cause a menu hang. I also "finalized" the food rebalance:
Regardless of if you have the food sanitizer equiped or not, PN's food healing and variable food (good/bad, spoiled food, etc) will work if you have the respective option on or off.
Most consumables will have radiation. The food sanitizer will increase the amount of healing done (which is pointless if you have food healing off anyway) AND it will decrease the amount of radiation you gain from consumables by 20% (which makes more sense) AS WELL AS increasing the amount of starvation food heals (introduced by TTW).
I kept TTW's food values intact. PN decreased the value that some food healed starvation and also added some food dehydrating as well. This will no longer be present. All food/drink uses TTW's values. If many people request it, I will use PN's values rather than TTW's (including dehydrating food).
All TTW/FO3 specific food have been addressed appropiately.
The last release actually broke the food healing because I incorrectly removed the stash packs. Luthien was a champ and had a backup and fixed everything for me. So, once again, stash packs have been removed.
An implant in Vault 106 was unreachable. It should be reachable now.
Removed crap pack requirements.
The food sanitizer and PN's food healing will now work with each other nicely.
[collapsed title=Spolier: Cyberware Change]You can now get the Wired Synapses implant by turning in Harkness to Dr. Zimmer OR if you help Harkness, you can kill/pickpocket it from Dr. Zimmer. Don't worry, you can't get two.[/collapsed]
JaxFirehart for 99% of the Cyberware work. And for TTW. But no one uses that so who cares. :P
Gribbleshnibit8 for general assistance and a core to work off of. And for having a name that I need to return to a previous page to check the spelling of.
Imperious for the initial work on the helmet visions.
Luthien for telling me how to properly remove masters.
[collapsed title=Permissions]You can do whatever you like with this patch, although I don't know what you'd want to do with it, but a notification would be appreciated. Oh, and credit us.[/collapsed]