Ingestibles and Survival Overhaul

Mod releases and conversions.
Adonis VII

Ingestibles and Survival Overhaul

Post by Adonis VII » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 pm

I very much enjoyed many kryptopyr overhaul mods for Skyrim, and was inspired by Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul to make something similar for Fallout. This is very much a WIP beta, but I thought I'd release it here to get feedback. Below is a general overview of most of the high level changes.

Survival & Hardcore Needs

• Consumables Rebalance: Using JSawyer as a base, many food and chems have been adjusted.

• Soda and Alcohol now restore H2O instead of draining it. H2O: 50, Soda+Beer: 20, Spirits: 10

• Eating raw food or drinking dirty water will now give you debuffs regardless of Hardcore unless you have a Food Sanitizer (food only) or the Lead Belly perk. These debuffs no longer scale with your survival skill, and are now clearly labeled on the effects list.

• All chems have been given weight.

• Ice Cold versions of all beer & soda have been added, along with a new system to create them. They now restore SLP on top of the effects of the non ice cold versions.

• Remove Food Healing (optional): Healing from food may be toggled off. By default, food will no longer heal.

• New Food & Chems: Apple Pie, Rum, Brahmin Milk, Radscorpion Egg, Fury, Jet Fuel, Overdrive

• Need thresholds have been moved back to JSawyer levels to give a larger buffer.

• Water Overhaul: Changes some water sources to be more punishing when combined with diseases.

• Fatigue System (optional): Implemented a fatigue system similar to FO4.

• Needs beyond the first threshold reduce max AP.

• Radiation past the first threshold reduces max HP.

• Carry Weight affects needs (optional): Excessive carry weight now increases your needs, increasing as you approach 100%.

Water & Bottling

• Bottle In Bottle Out:

• All Recipes now either require or give proper empty containers.

• Consumables will have the following chances of returning the container/bottle.

• Lunchbox: 100%

• Bottle: 95%

• Tin Can: 90%

• Jet: 50% + Medicine/2

• Syringe: 30% + Medicine/2

• Empty container weight has been adjusted to reflect the fact than an empty bottle weighs less than a full one.

• Water Bottling (Toggleable): You may now bottle water from water sources when crouching with an empty bottle.

• Option 1 Vanilla: Only Empty water bottles (from water drinks) can be used to bottle water.

• Option 2 Water + Nuka: All water and Nuka Cola varients return empty Nuka-Cola Bottles. These bottles may be used to bottle water

• Option 3 Single Bottle: All drinks give a generic Empty Bottle (Nuka-Cola Bottle mesh). This generic bottle can be used for all crafting and bottling

Crafting System

• New Crafting Stations: Have you ever come across a BBQ, Oven, or Coffee Brewer and wished it was functional? With proper repair skill, some spare parts, and a bit of luck, new options are now availalbe for crafting.

• All Grills and BBQ now function as campfires. This will extend, and be compatible with TTW 3.0 as well as TTW Interiors

• New Oven Crafting: Have you found yourself deep downtown, with no campfires in sight? You can now brush off those old ovens with the proper parts and a little fuel! This is an overhauled version of Oven Cooking by Povuholo and Zan Laurin with improved scripting performance (event based).

• Ice Cold Drinks: Is the wasteland too hot for you! Chill some drinks and cool off with a pristine Nuka Vending Machine near you!

• Coffee Brewer: All Find some coffee grounds? Just add purified water to start brewing some joe!

• Crafting Diversity (Toggleable): Tired of doing SCIENCE at a measly campfire? Well our chemistry sets may be for you! Recipes requiring Science and some Medicine may optionally be moved to these new stations. All exisiting statics and activators using the chemisty set model will be usable.

• Option 1 Vanilla: Campfire/Ovens/Hotplate function identically

• Option 2 Chemistry Sets: Appropriate recipes have been moved from Campfires to newly functioning chemistry sets. All exisiting chemisty sets and My First Laboratory will transition to their new crafting function.

• New Recipes:

• Exisiting consumables: Dixon's Jet, Dixon's Whiskey, Imitation Strange Meat Pie, Mentats, Rum & Nuka

• New consumables: Apple Pie, Fury, Jet Fuel, Overdrive

Diseases & Poisons

• New Disease System (optional): A new disease system has been implemented. The idea of diseases is it punishes you for doing things you shouldn't, e.g. sleeping on dirty beds, drinking bad water, letting creatures bite or claw you, etc, adding an extra challenge to the wasteland. It is not intended to cause frustrating random diseases that you don't know how you contracted. Play smart and you'll be disease free.

• Disease Cures: In general, there should be both a survival and medicine remedy for most diseases.  Currently there are Cigarettes, Flamer Fuel Consumable, Antibiotics, Antiparasitics

[collapsed title=Disease List] 

Beauveria Mordicana (TODO)

• Source: Spore Carrier Attack

• Treatment: ???

Botulism (TODO)

Cholera:

• Source: 10% toilet water, raw shellfish

• Treatment: antibiotics

Diarrhea

• Source: 10% dirty water

• Treatment: Wait it out

Dysentery

• Source: 10% dirty water

• Treatment: Antibiotics

Parasites (2 stages)

• Source: 10% raw food

• Treatment: antiparasitics, cigarettes, flamer fuel

Syphalus (TODO)

• Source: Hookers

Tetanus (5 stages)

• Source: 5% on hit with melee weapon, X% chance from certain creatures

• Treatment: antibioitics

Infection

• Source (Dirty Bed): 5% at full HP, 25% at 0 HP

• Source (Animal): 5% per attack

• Treatment: antibioitics

Unique Infection from Deathclaws (replacing cut poison)

[/collapsed]

• New Poiston System (optional):

• Restored Poisons: Green Gecko's and Tunnelers have had their poisons restored (Previously they used radscorpion poison). They are still cured by the same antidotes as in vanilla if this system is turned off.

• Poison Antidodes: New antidotes not only cure poisons, they also prevent new poisons from taking effect. Additionally if you have antidotes to the component venoms, you will be immune to poisons as well!

TODO: Add optional incubation to all diseases, and add localized infection, which blocks syringe based chems, lunch incubator

Let me know what you like, don't like and think should be optional, any suggestions for scripting implementations, or any ideas of your own such as new diseases, poisons, or general balance comments

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Adonis VII

Updated Poison system to be

Post by Adonis VII » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:28 am

Updated Poison system to be be purely on use instead of the antidotes periodically checking. A couple small fixes, and removed unused forms.

tact

The download link is broken

Post by tact » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm

The download link is broken for me

GrantSP

@tact Take note of this

Post by GrantSP » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 pm

@tact Take note of this question in the FAQ.

tact

I saw it after posting,

Post by tact » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:12 am

I saw it after posting, thanks!

Adonis VII

Updated the main install to

Post by Adonis VII » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Updated the main install to include all assets instead of just the .esp (woops). Add TTW and TTWInteriors patches.

Adonis VII

Salgado wrote:

Post by Adonis VII » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 am

[quote=Salgado]

The moment I activate this mod (and interior patch, with corresponding ttw interiors) I get a Red Exclamation on Moriarty's. I began deactivating everything and it's related to this one. Any ideas? Am I the only one seeing it?

Maybe it's only in Moriartys and wont be an issue? Thanks for all the work in all this. Just found out about TTW and began playing Fallout again :D

[/quote]

Thanks for pointing it out. This was because the base .esp is aligned with the latest YUP release so it can be used by non TTW users. However if you do not run YUP, you're missing the asset. The TTW patch now reverts back to the mesh used by TTW, so triangles should now be gone.

Garfink

Having a problem in my game: 

Post by Garfink » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:54 am

Having a problem in my game:  I am unable to use antibiotics to fix an infection.  I click on the antibiotics and it makes the sound but the antibiotic isn't consumed and remains in my inventory.  I tested out the antiparasitics and that seems to work fine.  Is there a way I can at least console command the infection away manually?

(LOL, I just read the post above, exact same post, I am using the same mods as well.)

Adonis VII

New version up

Post by Adonis VII » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am

New version up

• Fixed all cures

• Autodoc's now remove all diseases and poisons

• Turning off diseases in MCM will now remove all diseases

• Parasites now has 2 levels; Tetanus has 5 levels

• Updated disease system to be more efficient, and take variable fps into account when applying effects

• Fixed toilets/urinals to properly give high disease chances

• Fixed various disease form bugs in consumable

• Fixed bugs with water healing. All water sources no longer heal in hardcore (they do in normal otherwise water would be useless).

Adonis VII

Update:

Post by Adonis VII » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:43 am

Update:

• Rewrote remaining vanilla activator scripts, no more gamemode! (I still need to do My First Infirmary, but I'm not sure how I'd like to balance it)

• Fixed some water bottling issues (3 TTW unique activators still won't work in 2.9 as I'm working on 3.x going forward)

• Fixed MCM issues not setting values properly

• Added a new Bottling System

• Vanilla: Only Empty water bottles (from water drinks) can be used to bottle water.

• Water + Nuka: All water and Nuka Cola varients return empty Nuka-Cola Bottles. These bottles may be used to bottle water

• Single Bottle: All drinks give a generic Empty Bottle (Nuka-Cola Bottle mesh). This generic bottle can be used for all crafting and bottling

• Fixed debuffs scaling with survival skill on ingestibles.

• Various small fixes

• Large overhaul of TTW patch for 3.X. I won't be able to release the current TTW patches until 3.X is formally released.