Perk Mods

Mod releases and conversions.
Senterpat

Perk Mods

Post by Senterpat » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:07 am

Here's a couple of mods I've been working on.

Merged More Perks - Merges all available FO3 and FNV More Perks Plugins. Redundant perks have all (hopefully) been removed. Let me know if you find any more that appear twice, as well as any other that need to have their effects updated from FO3.

TTW Perk Overhaul - Makes perks that gave skill boosts before give something a bit more useful.

[collapsed title=TTW Perk Overhaul Changes]

Modified Perks

All text entries have been modified to reflect changes.  

***Perks that boost skills***

These perks gave boosts to skills, which is pointless in a game like TTW where the max level is 50.  

• Daddy's Boy/Girl Just like dear old Dad, you've devoted your time to intellectual pursuits. You gain an additional 5 points to both the Science and Medicine skills. -Changed to +5% health from healing items.  

• Little Leaguer Years as the Vault little league MVP have honed your hitting and throwing. With every rank, you gain 5 points of Melee Weapons skill and 5 points of Explosives skill. -Changed to +4% melee damage and throw weapons 10% faster and farther.  

• Gun Nut You're obsessed with using and maintaining a wide variety of conventional firearms. With each rank of the Gun Nut perk, you gain an additional 5 points to the Small Guns and Repair skills. -Changed to 5% reduced gun spread and 5% reduced item damage. *Spread will only apply to weapons using the Guns skill, the item damage mod will will affect any item, armor or weapon.  

• Cyborg You've made permanent enhancements to your body! The Cyborg perk instantly adds +10% to your Damage, Poison, and Radiation Resistances, and 10 points to the Energy Weapons skill. -Changed +10 Energy Weapons to 5% Energy weapon damage.  

• Scoundrel Take the Scoundrel perk, and you can use your wily charms to influence people -- each rank raises your Speech and Barter skills by 5 points. -Changed to 5% improved bartering.  

• Thief With each rank of the Thief perk, you gain an immediate bonus of 5 points to both the Sneak and Lockpick skills. -Changed to 15% movespeed while sneaking  

• Impartial Meditation -  With the Impartial Mediation perk, you gain an extra 30 points to Speech... so long as you maintain a Neutral Karma level. -Changed to +15% improved bartering prices.  

• Covert Ops You've recovered all the hidden intel from Operation:Anchorage. Good work, soldier! (+3 Science, Small Guns and Lockpick) -Changed to +3% weapon damage.   

• Survival Expert - Changes the +2/4/6 Med/Science and +2/4/6 Sneak/Speech bonuses to +3%/6%/9% Health from healing items and 4%/8%/12% sneak speed.  

***Changes to "Useless" Perks***    

• Alertness You've learned to keep your senses alert to any danger. When crouched and not moving you gain a +2 to your Perception attribute to help you find enemies before they find you. -Removed +2 perception, will now grant you enhanced sensors.  

• Hunter  In combat, you do +75% Critical Damage against animals and mutated animals. -Added +15% critical chance, reduced critical damage to 40%, also will now affect mutated insects and abominations.  

• Computer Whiz Fail a hack attempt and get locked out of a computer? Not if you're a Computer Whiz! With this perk, you can attempt to re-hack any computer you were previously locked out of. -Changed to bypass hacking at the cost of 25 action points, skill requirement changed from 70 to 100.  

• Infiltrator With Infiltrator, if a lock is broken, and can't normally be picked again, you can attempt to pick it again one more time. This includes locks previously broken by a "Force Lock" attempt. -Changed to bypass lockpicking at the cost of a bobby pin, skill requirement changed from 70 to 100.  

***Misc Changes to Other Vanilla Perks***  

• Intense Training - Removed completely, replaced with 7 perks that will each raise a special by 1. Level req. has also been raised to 10.  *Intense training was changed because a) it made it so it doesn't matter what specials you started with and b) level 2 was too early a requirement

•   Lifegiver - Reinstated 2 additional ranks that were cut, reduced each rank from 30 to 25.  

• Child at Heart - Though not available in default NV there are still a number of dialogue options for it. Will work with or w/o this mod.   In Shining Armor - Was completely broken due to a faulty condition, also the +2 dt from eyewear wasn't attached. Fixed. Also added some items that should have been on the formlist.  

• Wild Wasteland - Is automatically granted to the player. I've also removed the message and sound that play. Now the Mojave just has a few quirky encounters like FO3.  

• Grunt - 25% damage was a bit OP, has been nerfed to 10%, and additionally reloads the listed guns 10% faster, the combat knife attacks 15% faster.      

New Traits

• Vault Dweller - A sheltered life in the vault has granted you with a sturdy physique (+50 life) However, you have little resistance to the dangers of the wastes. (-75 Radiation Resistance, -75 Poison Resistance.)    

Disabled Perks

• Here and Now

• Lessons Learned

• Swift Learner [/collapsed]

Next up will be FO3 More Perks and it's various files merged in.

I'd also like to hear any other ideas on Vanilla perks that should be switched up. I want to replace the Karma changing ones, but am not quite sure what I'd do for them. Karmic Rebalance could reset your reputation with all the factions, but the other two, making you idolized(Over powered) or hated by all(who would pick that) seems pointless. Would a third rank of animal friend allowing you to command an animal to be your follower make it worth getting the first 2 ranks. Or maybe a seperate perk allowing you to be neutral with some of the wastelands stronger critters?

Also I think the Lawbringer and Contract Killer would be great as traits. What do you think? 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Call me Pat. Senterpat is too much to type.

LaEspada

yay :D

Post by LaEspada » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:46 pm

yay :D

Downloading right away.

I think that lawbringer and contract killer are better as traits since the original level to get them was like lvl 25? By then you've probably killed half of the targets anyways. It's better to get it right away.

Edit

I think you should leave wild wasteland by itself. Since there are some that probably don't want it.

Senterpat

The only issue with adding

Post by Senterpat » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:22 pm

The only issue with adding the Lawbringer and Contract Killer as Traits is that with traits you can select 2 at a time, so there'd be nothing to keep you from getting both. So maybe a menu pops up if you take both telling you to rechoose your traits. Do you think that they should affect karma as well? Since your supposed to be good or bad to get them.

I honestly can't think of any reason people wouldn't want WW, it just make NV more like FO3, adding in some culture references and wacky bits. The only reason I can think of is that it wastes a trait.

JaxFirehart

Its for people who dont like

Post by JaxFirehart » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Its for people who dont like that wackiness in their post apocalyptic settings.

Senterpat

Fair point.. I'll add a

Post by Senterpat » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:32 pm

Fair point.. I'll add a option menu to enable/disable it. I still don't think it should cost a trait. I didn't modify any of the triggers or anything, so removing the perk from the player is all that needs to be done.

Edit: First post updated with new More Perks file that merges the 16 plugins from FO3 and FNV into one, removing any duplicate perks and changing some effects and requirements where necessary. (mostly stuff dealing with big guns, has been switched to 2 hand handle weapons)

I'll be going through it later and updating the descriptions a bit, as the syntax is odd in some entries and not really clear what the perk does.

EnderDragonFire

Nice plugin dude  

Post by EnderDragonFire » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Nice plugin dude

"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

Senterpat

They are two seperate files,

Post by Senterpat » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:57 pm

They are two seperate files, the larger is the More Perks Merged, the smaller is the changes to vanilla perks contained in the spoiler tag in the OP

plumjuice

Unless senterpat has done

Post by plumjuice » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:57 am

Unless senterpat has done something tragically wromg (<.< not likely tho) you have another mod overwriting the changes.

Load order please.

Read before asking for help. Please. >>>>>> http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/read-asking-help

Senterpat

Nothing tragically wrong :P,

Post by Senterpat » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 am

Nothing tragically wrong :P, I accidentally hid the wrong file when I updated More Perks, one was just the older version. The OP has been updated, download the TTW Perk Overhaul.esp.

The Unspeakable Horror

With Wild Wasteland a

Post by The Unspeakable Horror » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:27 am

With Wild Wasteland a permanent feature, has the merc camp with the YCS/186 Gauss rifle been relocated, or is it still replaced by the alien encounter?

Bellum... bellum nunquam mutatur...